Rig Manager right click rig and “send to Kemper”

• The drag and drop feature expands all of my sub folders as I hover over the left hand task pane and I’m often wrestling with the up and down scroll when trying to drag and drop a rig into ‘My Kemper’. A right click or ‘send to kemper’ button would help.

• Just use "Store in Profiler" in the context menu of the rigs or "SHIFT+RETURN" on your keyboard.

Thanks Timo. It wasn’t working at first because currently you have to double click a rig in Rig Mgr and preview it before you can upload directly.

There’s still no option to highlight multiple rigs and right click -> upload though... it’s either one by one using the upload button or the finicky drag and drop method.

I wonder how difficult it would be for Kemper to implement a right click -> upload without having to first preview it on the Kemper, meaning you could upload a bunch in one go...

• I wonder how difficult it would be for Kemper to implement a right click -> upload without having to first preview it on the Kemper, meaning you could upload a bunch in one go...

just make a selection and drag it onto the location profiler in tree view on the left side

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• just make a selection and drag it onto the location profiler in tree view on the left side

Yeah I think I'm a little bit with the "problem" or "feature" in the first posting and why he wanted to have the other way. When you've organized your profiles in a lot of subfolders and they all start to open it gets a bit tricky to Drag&Drop because you have to scroll down a lot. I also use a lot of subfolders in the RigManager and it doesn't behave very smart with that. Also the RigManager gets a little bit slow with many subfolders and profiles so Drag&Drop is also not so super easy to use.

What I actually do is more copy&paste instead of D&D.

• When you've organized your profiles in a lot of subfolders and they all start to open it gets a bit tricky to Drag&Drop because you have to scroll down a lot. I also use a lot of subfolders in the RigManager and it doesn't behave very smart with that. Also the RigManager gets a little bit slow with many subfolders and profiles so Drag&Drop is also not so super easy to use.

please stay on topic. this is about right click and send versus multiple items.

• please stay on topic. this is about right click and send versus multiple items.

Navar is on topic. He is describing the problem perfectly (better than I did). The request for ‘right click and send’ is because of the issue with the poor drag and drop facility in RM.

When you have a lot of subfolders (I have Manufactuer -> Amp -> Profiler), and your profiler is at the bottom of all your folders, when you try and drag and drop you have to hover over the bottom to scroll the screen down. RM opens the subfolders too quickly, and scrolls to quickly then rebounding to the top of the scroll list again. It’s clunky.

I didn’t know about right clicking ‘my Kemper’ and opening a new window - this is good to know, thank you!

• hmm, if I drag a couple of rigs onto the location Profiler it just does that. but of course, if you have so many folders (which is your choice) than you eventually have to deal with the consequences in terms of what you see and what you don't. you can always scroll to the destination in the list first and then drop if that helps.

• hmm, if I drag a couple of rigs onto the location Profiler it just does that. but of course, if you have so many folders (which is your choice) than you eventually have to deal with the consequences in terms of what you see and what you don't. you can always scroll to the destination in the list first and then drop if that helps.

That’s why I put it as a ‘feature request’, so that those who use folders to organise RM don’t have to deal with any consequences...

If the right click ‘upload’ or shift+enter worked when multiple profiles were selected (without having to first choose ‘preview’), there would be no dealing with consequences, only happiness and ease of use :)

• If the search facilities in RM were better it might not be as necessary to use sub folders. As it is, the only viable way I have found to manage it os by opening two separate windows and dragging between them but that isn’t ideal either.

This is one of the areas I am desperately hoping will be improved with the new OS7 Rig Manager/Editor.