Can this be done?

• I don't know if this can be done, if it can, I haven't figured out a way to do it.

I would like to play a note, have it hold, play another note, have it hold, then finally a third note, so it forms a chord. Like having 3 different guitarists hitting one note at a time. I know,.. I can play one note at a time of a chord but that won't get the sound. Listen to the very end of the guitar solo from Queen "Bicycle Race." That. Can this be done?

• Thanks! Yes, it can absolutely be done like that, but, I have to be able to do it more on the fly, live, quickly. like, one button to turn on and one to turn off. Having to turn on the looper, hit record, play note, hit overdub play note, play another note, hit stop loop and get out of looper mode in 2 measures. I'm not that good of a tap dancer, haha.

• jon9max, I have a tune where I use the Melody Harmonic delay to do something similar to what you are asking about (it's not Bicycle Race), but you should be able to modify it for your purpose. One difference is, you will play and hold the first note, and the delays will play the additional notes of the chord/harmony.

Mix 100% or more

Feedback 3%

Low Cut 100 Hz

High Cut 2.5 kHz

Note Value 1 1/8

Note Value 2 1/8 dot

Note Value 3 1/4

Note Value 4 1/4 dot

Interval 1 +10th

Interval 2 Unison

Interval 3 +3rd

Interval 4 +5th

Vol 1 5.5

Vol 2 10

Vol 3 5.0

Vol 4 5.0

Pan 1 -100

Pan 2 +100

Pan 3 -100

Pan 4 +100

Stereo 100%

Key (I have this set at Am for my purpose; I am playing notes in the Am scale)

Formant shift -5.0 (futz with this, it's kinda weird)

All other parameters are at 0.

Again, these are just my settings for a specific song but, with a few tweaks, you should be able to get something similar to what you were requesting. Just remember, you play and hold the first note and let the delay "play" the additional notes.

TTIYF!

Oh, and BTW, use the ducking parameter if you are going to play faster passages. If you need to do this, the ducking (ha, missed typed that word the first time, glad I caught it!) feature will keep the faster passages from being a garbled mess. I get my best results by picking the faster part harder and then lightening up on the last/longer notes or even playing the last note staccato. And I apologize if you know how ducking works and I just over-explained.

Be Thankful.

Edited once, last by kevinduren: afterthought ().

• Hey jon9max, I finally listed to Bicycle, and yea, your are right, the delay setup I was suggesting isn't what you are looking for. Just like you stated: you need a note to hold and then play over the top of it. I do a similar thing at the beginning of Copperhead Road, to simulate the drone of the bagpipes.

You're best bet is to use the delay freeze, but it's going to take some working out of the timing, and when to freeze/unfreeze.

When you figure out the timing, you can set the morph function to ramp up and down at a specific number of beats or measures, which might nail it without having to unfreeze the delay by stepping on a switch.

By the way, for you or anyone else that might make use of the type of setting I was going for, you can set the note values at 1/8, 1/4, 1/4 dot, and 1/2 and all of the note volumes at 10 for a more straight time harmony build up. And of course should change the intervals to make the harmony you need such as Unison, +3rd, +5, and +1 Octave for a straight up diatonic harmony.

Good luck and keep us posted regarding what you come up with.

thanks,

Kevin

Be Thankful.