Show current FX preset name on Profiler's LCD screen

• I would like to have currently loaded FX Preset name displayed as shown in the picture.

When the preset has been altered, an asterisk (*) could be added to its label.

Edited once, last by skoczy ().

• Agree to paults. As long as the preset is current it can be figured out the way he is suggesting.

However, most of the situations people want to refer to the "current preset", there is no such thing! We don't want to indicate something as "current preset" which doesn't exist. There might be a preset which had been loaded in the past followed by parameters changes. So the current state is not equal to that preset, might not even be close, could be completely different.

• Can you elaborate more paults? You mean gently rotating BROWSE knob, to know, which FX preset user has recently loaded?

Well, I agree that current FX preset is only valid, at the time of loading it from presets list. After any FX parameter change, it is no more this preset and preset name would have to disappear or be marked as changed...

But there is something like "current preset", when user loads it from list and doesn't change any parameters.

• I believe that the preset name should display as long as it has not been modified from its values, if the user makes the slightest change then clear the screen as it is no longer a present.

The other day I was struggling to verify whether or not I had saved my rig with the preset I wanted so had to go back and forth presets and be sure it was the one I wanted.

• I believe that the preset name should display as long as it has not been modified from its values, if the user makes the slightest change then clear the screen as it is no longer a present.

This is what I should have added to first post.

• Can you elaborate more paults? You mean gently rotating BROWSE knob, to know, which FX preset user has recently loaded?

Well, I agree that current FX preset is only valid, at the time of loading it from presets list. After any FX parameter change, it is no more this preset and preset name would have to disappear or be marked as changed...

But there is something like "current preset", when user loads it from list and doesn't change any parameters.

Yes - if you give the Browse knob a nudge, the most recently loaded preset will be highlighted in the list. This works only if you have not navigated out of the FX slot since loading the Preset.

• I have already written on the matter, but this thread seems the right place to discuss it.

The KPA might be showing the preset's name until it gets tweaked, and then add an asterisk to the name which would of course mean "based on xxx".

Burkhard , I know you don't agree with this, but believe me the option would make life much easier (and would make a lot of sense) for a lot of users (OTOH, when many of them ask for the same feature, it means that it makes sense, somewhere ;) ).

Still chasing a worthy one :/

Edited once, last by pippopluto ().

• (and everybody else involved) you should explain why this is.

For instance : I have a rig with 4 verb preset ( I switch to only one at a time ) , I lost track of the kind of verb it is , I'd like to know which does what

Same for a rig with 2 chorus flavors , one is air the other vintage , but I cannot identify them easily

• Why can't you distinguish a Vintage Chorus from an Air Chorus? The effect type gets displayed on the left hand side within the effect module. The same applies for a "kind of verb".

• Why can't you distinguish a Vintage Chorus from an Air Chorus? The effect type gets displayed on the left hand side within the effect module. The same applies for a "kind of verb".

you're right, my bad ... What would be nice is being able to distinguish two different spring reverb settings for instance ( on same rig )

Or something else : you tweak a great delay from a preset , save it , forget it ... then load it later and wonder from what delay preset is was based on ?

• I do not have any particular reason, besides convenience to see which preset am I on. Without scrolling BROWSE knob.

It is not live saver for sure, but since preset name is an argument of currently loaded preset, I see no reason, why don't display it.

When altered add asterisk(*) to it.

I guess it would take some effort, which is too big for such cosmetic feature = more serious stuff is in the works. However, you could still drop it into "Lower priority requests" basket.

However I still vote for it.

• I agree with waraba:

There any number of versions of, e.g. Legacy Delay including those which I have edited to my taste and renamed. I would be nice to see the (re)name of those variations in the main screen. Just as in amps, the left field shows the author and the main field the amp name. I wouldn't want to see the author's name and view a blank on the right where I would have to guess what amp was there. It might just be a case of reassurance so I can have a quick look with having to go into browse etc.

• I do not have any particular reason, besides convenience to see which preset am I on. Without scrolling BROWSE knob.

The Browse knob will only show the last preset it was on last time you used it, and never shows the preset used in a previously-saved rig, be it tweaked or not.

Still chasing a worthy one :/

• The Browse knob will only show the last preset it was on last time you used it, and never shows the preset used in a previously-saved rig, be it tweaked or not.

Not sure what are you referring to, but the BROWSE knob will show recently loaded preset, which this request is about. Could you explain more "what it never shows"?