Changing morph settings across multiple Performance slots

• Hi all

I use morph with the kemper remote to boost volume and add delay for solo boosts for playing at gigs.

I use 3 different performance slots for various gain stages, each has been set up with a volume boost/add delay (the same setting for each slot).

If im at a gig or a rehearsal and i think i need a bigger or lesser volume boost, is there a way to conveniently adjust all 3 performance slot morph settings in one go? Or do i need to go into each one and adjust the volume and delay individually?

Cheers

Jack.

• BTW I use it in exactly the same way across 3 performances. I also morph Eq a bit as well, but what I vary depends on each slot as well.

The point here is the amount of relative boost or changes is different for each slot. So ironically its preferable its custom for each slot.

• Not through Morph I don't think so...the point is Morph is set up specifically per slot so almost by definition is not globally set... :(

As I suggested above … by locking the modules these become global including the morphed parameters inside.

Example:

Place a Pure Boost in module X and a Delay in DLY module.

Set the volume of the Pure Boost and the Mix of the Delay up for morphing.

Lock the two modules X and DLY.

Now you can load any Slot/Rig. The Pure Boost and Delay are maintained. And you can morph the parameters at any time.

• Thanks for this.

One more question.

If i set up my performance like this, and then i decide i need a bigger volume boost during soundcheck/into the set, can i easily increase the volume boost across all 3 performance slots? Or do i still need to go into each slot individually? If not, then its no better than just morphing the volume on each slot.

Coming from a more traditional amp rig, id just tweak the relative volume on the amp or just reach down and nudge it up on an EQ pedal running in the effects loop. This made it very easy and quick to adjust on the fly.

• Can you just save your morph preset and then use same preset on all 3 rigs? That way you only have to edit one preset if needed?

• Can you just save your morph preset and then use same preset on all 3 rigs? That way you only have to edit one preset if needed?

Yes, no, sort of ;)

you can’t save a morph preset. The morph values are part of the effect or rig.

However, if you are using the same effects in various performances you can lock those effects. This means that when you change rigs or performances everything EXCEPT the locked fx will change. As the morph settings are tied to the fx they will also not change.

Unfortunately, locking is currently a totally global tool. So if you lock FX these will be locked for all slots within a performance AND will also be locked for all performances. It would be really helpful if it was possible to choose whether to lock globally or only for current performance when using performance mode.

• As stated before, I'm not sure you want to do this anyway. the relative volumes/changes via morph for me are rig specific. In other words a boost less for cleaner sounds than heavier sounds....

• Could you set up three performances with the same profiles but varying stages of boost per performance? Then just choose the performance that suits

A brace of Suhrs, a Charvel, a toaster, an Apollo twin, a Mac, and a DXR10

• Could you set up three performances with the same profiles but varying stages of boost per performance? Then just choose the performance that suits

That would be possible, and by the looks of it, unbelievably this will be one of the less fussy ways yo achieve this.

I don't usually change by solo boost volume too much, but if it needs to change, it seems there's no clear and simple way to achieve this even though the Kemper with Remote is such a powerful tool.

• I don't usually change by solo boost volume too much, but if it needs to change, it seems there's no clear and simple way to achieve this even though the Kemper with Remote is such a powerful tool.

This is because the KPA treats each rig in a performance as separate rather than global. For me that carries more pros than cons and lock gets round most situations.

As stated:

This is possible, just not globally

I for one would not want to change it globally

Its not clear to me why you want to do this regularly. I set mine years ago and very rarely change it. If I do its rig specific.

• That would be possible, and by the looks of it, unbelievably this will be one of the less fussy ways yo achieve this.

I don't usually change by solo boost volume too much, but if it needs to change, it seems there's no clear and simple way to achieve this even though the Kemper with Remote is such a powerful tool.

I use different performances for the same Edge delay sound at different tempos. It’s pretty straightforward, and if you’ve decided what works at a particular venue, you could probably stick on the performance with the same boost. Enjoy.

A brace of Suhrs, a Charvel, a toaster, an Apollo twin, a Mac, and a DXR10