FCB1010 Expression Pedal

• I recently acquired a FCB1010 with a EurekaPROM 3.2 to control my Kemper. After calibrating the expression pedals in the FCB1010 I noticed that the volume pedal would reach the maximum midi value of 127 but wasn’t able to reach a zero value in the heel down position. This was verified when I looked at the midi values for the pedals in the system settings. Is there any way to calibrate the midi within the Kemper so that my heel down position of my pedals becomes the new zero value?

• This calibration of the built-in pedal is really a job that has to be done within the FCB 1010. And that is the purpose of the FCB 1010 pedal calibration.

If your pedal sends MIDI control change #7 value 15 as the lowest, the PROFILER cannot interpret this as value 0.

• Then the FCB 1010 is broken,I guess. I know, these pedals work with a LED light barrier and a foil stripe. The foil stripe is connected to the pedal and is moving through the light barrier while you move the pedal. It works like a continuous shutter. Perhaps there is a mechanical issue inside the FCB 1010, that could be fixed.

• I feel like there’s something I’m missing and that there’s a fix for this and I just need to figure it out. Both pedal’s lowest value is showing up as 19 in the Kemper and the odds seem low that both pedals would be broken and yet giving consistent readings between the two. This makes me lean in the direction of a setup issue. I have also disassembled the controller and made sure that the led and light sensors are properly aligned.

• I found this on the EurkaPROM forum, and I’ll try it and see what happens.

“The FCB1010 expression pedals can be finicky. Here's a procedure that helps force it to 0 & 127.

Calibrate again, but back off of the extremes.

For instance, during calibration, when calibrating the low value, move the expression pedal to the lowest position, but before pressing the UP pedal, raise the pedal ~5 digits worth - then press UP. When calibrating the top, move the expression pedal to the highest position, then lower it back ~5 digits worth, then press UP.

That should help.“

• I had to open up my FCB and realign the strip with the led thingy.....theres some youtube stuff on it somewhere...its a bit random but it solved the issue.

No Gain - No Pain.... :D