Harmonics off edge of pick.

• I am new to this gear and one question I have so far is:
    Is there a way to get those high harmonics off the edge of ones pick .
    I can do it easily with any pick using my strat + my recto-verb 25 Messa but I am stumped trying to get these harmonics or overtones from the Kemper unpowered head?
    Please forgive me if there is another post identifying this issue as have I looked but could not find the exact issue.
    I have attempted all the profiles ,bought a few too ,but still can't get these sounds
    Thanks in advance for any help or advice offered.
    Cheers:)

• I agree and disagree with DonPetersen on this one,

I agree you can get pinch harmonics on any guitar even an acoustic.

I agree the Kemper behaves exactly like the profiled amp including the way it reacts to playing techniques such as pinch harmonics.

However, I disagree that the amp plays no part in this. The amp (or more specifically the “tone”) plays a major part in how the pinch harmonics sound. Whether they are just there or whether they jump out and scream at you. Obviously they jump out more with higher gain settings and a healthy dose of mids in the sound.

Therefore, I would try a range of different profiles until you find one that behave the way you want. If you know your rectoverb does what you want there are a few options:

1 - make your own profile of your rectoverb. It’s fun and you will be amazed how closely the profile resembles the real thing.

2 - find some profiles of a rectoverb either free in Rig Exchange or look for a profile vendor that has a back.

3 - try other profiles of similar style amps. Anything from theMesa Recto range would be a good starting point. There are literally thousands of Recto profiles out there.

• Definitely depends on the profile.

I don't tend to use more than +2 miss, but tweak the presence up a bit with a touch of treble.

I tend to use the stomp compressor also. And as said tweak the noise gate back also

Some profiles are naturally good for harmonics.

Some take a bit of work to get them ringing.

No different to different amps.