KPA has just blew up! (I've just contacted support)

• Well....

I've just powered my Kemper amp up and after about 5 seconds the amp made a pop sound, with a small flash of light coming from the main plug jack socket on the back and tripped the fuse box in my house.

I switched everything off in the house and returned the flip switch on my fuse box to restore the power.

I then tried a new power cable with the Kemper and plugged it in as soon as I turned the power on at the wall I got another pop and flash from inside the amp and I never turned the chicken knob to start booting the Kemper up.

I'm sick to say the least!

I've contacted support straight away and just waiting for a reply, being the weekend may take a while.

Have any of you guys had a serious fault like this before and had to send your Kemper away for repair? I'm just trying to gauge how much this is likely to cost me to get fixed? I'm live in England and I'm guessing the amp will have to be shipped to Germany also?

• I just blew up my power rack to, but thru a clumsy mistake... Luckily the "brain " of mine still function (sounds fine thru headphones).

I'm always waiting for reply from support on repair advice - I'm in oregon and many years out of warranty.

• Bummer!

I guess this will be a short turnaround though.

I cannot imagine it will be very expensive either.

• Bummer!

I guess this will be a short turnaround though.

I cannot imagine it will be very expensive either.

Ingolf,

Sounds like it's either the input fuse to the power amp or a swap out of the power amp module. An easy repair either way. FWIW, the B&O power modules are almost bullet proof.

• Just removed the green metal case shell to take a look at what is loose inside and it's the top of a charred IC chip that has blown completely apart. So it looks like it's a least one blown chip minimum.

• WARNING:

There are no user serviceable parts inside the Profiler and open it up might results in a warranty issue. Never do that. This is a warning to all those reading this in the future: don't open your Profiler!

From the manual: "Warranty coverage is also voided when the device is repaired by unauthorized persons or tampered with in any way.", "Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. Servicing is required when the apparatus has been damaged in any way, such as power-supply cord or plug is damaged, liquid has been spilled or objects have fallen into the apparatus, the apparatus has been exposed to rain or moisture, does not operate nor- mally, or has been dropped."

LiamThompson Since you've contacted support before you've opened it up, you're eventually fine. But make sure you mention this in your support ticket and refer to this thread.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• No problem, I wouldn't have opened it up if the warranty was still intact. Cheers for the heads up.

• I am sorry you are going through that. If you were Stateside, I would offer you a loaner until fixed. I am planning on buying a second one this week. Hope all gets sorted out for you.

Edit: spell check fail.