Repair power rack or get 1 space power amp?

• Hi trusted kemper community! After 7 years of outstanding performance, i did something super stupid ? and killed the power section of my power rack :(:(:(. I have email in for advice on repair but wondering if it might be cheaper / easier / more fun to replace the power conditioner in my rack with with a separate 1 rack space power amp... Seems like there are some options under $500. I've always thought hearing my kemper in stereo would be a thrill... ?????

I appreciate all thoughts/ recommendations / experience with repairing power amp. Thanks all!

• What did you do?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• B&O IcePower modules have replaceable fuses, it may be something as simple as swapping out the 5mm fuse. If it were me I'd go as far as swapping out the power amp module, but I have experience with this type of thing.

7 years means it's out of warranty. so checking the fuse won't cost you anything. However if you're not comfortable opening it up and testing the fuse, then DO NOT attempt it. Also anything beyond that, means the great folks at Kemper may not want to work with it if you go further.

I believe this is the power amp module. If it isn't, then it is very similar. The fuse on this module is located on the far bottom left side of the board. Since Ceramic fuses cannot be checked visually, you will need a multimeter. Unplug the amp from any power source before attempting this. Lifting one side of the fuse or taking it out and measuring the Ohmic value will indicate if it's open (blown) or shorted (good fuse). HTH

• The embarrassing scenario : I was fooling around with a newly acquired bass head and couple guitar cabs, and my kemper... Somehow (like a bad comedy routine) i plugged speaker out of bass head to speaker out of the kemper . Then wondered why there was no sound. Bass head imploded, completely dead. ?

• Ewrath, Unfortunately the output of the Kemper amp, a Class D or G type amp, is most likely blown and-not a simple fuse issue. It may have taken out the bass amp output as well.

Finally has a great suggestion:

If it's going to cost significant money to fix I'd go for a stereo power amp so you can run stereo guitar cabs without a PA or powered speakers.

• I have received estimate for $665 for the power amp module part, not the complete repair.

Why would I spend $900 dollars for a part that is only under warranty for 3 months. Calling kemper USA is a joke

saying they cant sell me the part. Sounds like in Germany they actually care about their customers.