I want to break free solo efect

• HI everyone!!!

I mainly use the Kemper for the amps profile for live performance and just use Delay, some reverb and tremolo......so i´m really into effects.....i wonder if someway we can achieve with the kemper, the effect that Brian May use for the I want to break free solo!!!!

And if we can, how??

Thanks a lot!!!

• Synth solo played by Fred Mandel who toured with Queen. May double tracked the solo on guitar too.

Somewhere out there is a Kemper profile that mimics Pat Metheny's GR300 synth. Has kind of a similar tone to the Queen song

if you add a cocked wah pedal to it.

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." - Douglas Adams

• I've got this effect - I use it when we play it live. Can't remember the settings exactly, but I'm happy to post the details once I get home on Friday.

This is an old patch I made on the AX8 - I think the Kemper one is better:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• AFAIK you can reproduce the touch-wah-style filter action the synth patch uses, as Farley demonstrated, but in my very HO the underlying tone is quintessentially a synth one and I doubt it could be reproduced without the appropriate engine in the KPA.

Still going by distant (decades-old) memory here, but I remember the tone, and I know synths way better than I know guitar.

If, as Don says, Brian double-tracked his guitar over Fred's synth part, it must've been mixed fairly-low IMHO 'cause the synth tone is dominant.

• It's a Jupiter 8, if I'm not mistaken. Even Mr May himself doesn't really cut it tone or style-wise here:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.