I Just Received My Thomann Case for KPA Remote in US. Perfect!

• First of all, thanks to all of you who have posted on this forum about the Thomann Thon Line 6 FBV Case.

If anyone needs a well built no frills, but perfectly functional case for an extremely reasonable price (about $155 US shipping included), I would highly recommend it. It was very easy to purchase via PayPal, and it arrived to my US residence from Germany in about a 9 days.

My needs were very basic. I wanted to shave off a bit of size/weight from my previous Pedal Pad board. They make great stuff, but it was just more than I needed. The Thomann board is a bit longer than my Pedal Pad, but that works out since I want to add a second Expression Pedal in the near future. The Thomann is a little less deep and not as high as my previous board and it shaved off about 6-7 lbs. Since the only AC I require is to power my buffer, I didn't need any space for the Voodoo Labs Pedal Power I was using in the past. I am just going to power it with a One Spot. We'll see if I have any noise issues with that.

As far as securing the remote and my expression pedal, I just drilled some holes on the bottom of the board and mounted them directly to the pedal feet screw holes with some longer screws. Just FYI...The Kemper uses metric M4 - .70 (25cm length to get through board), the Mission EP1-KP uses Imperial 6 -32 (1 Inch length to get through board). I used the rubber feet as washers. It looks a little nicer!

As you can see in the photos, a very efficient use of space. The Audio/One Spot cables roll up easily...I keep the remote cable attached to the KPA Head when tearing down. Even as lazily as I rolled them up, the lid is just high enough that is secures the cables without putting any undue pressure on them . If you look at the photo of the bottom of the Thomann you can see the rubber feet/screws where the pedals are attached directly to the board (just two per unit). You will also see an extra hole in the upper right where I messed up!. I will fix that later!

I priced a number of other high end boards and some of them were coming in around $500-$600. I would possibly consider one of those if I was using a bunch of actual pedals, but considering the KPA pretty much does it all...Completely unnecessary. This is probably the most boring looking board I've ever owned. However, as someone who makes a living playing 125-150 shows a year, functionality is WAY more important than a million likes on the Gear Page!

I'll let you guys know how it holds up.