My Kemper/Amp comparison Part 3

• I had a great response to my previous video showing the comparison between my Marshall/Super Crunch Box combination and the captured Kemper profile.

There was a very slight difference between the two so I decided to try another pedal/amp combination and see if I could get them even closer.

I used my JCM2000 TSL and the MI Audio Megalith Delta Hi Gain pedal this time and I can say that I’m really happy with the result.

The clip switches randomly between the Kemper profile and the amp/pedal recording.

In fact the two tones are so close that I had to go back and check a few times to see that I had selected the correct recordings.

I also added solo guitar lines instead of just playing basic riffs to see if I’d hear any difference in the single notes but there was also hardly any way of choosing between the two.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I like the new video angles on this one, looks awesome!

As for the tone comparison, I can't hear a difference and I'm listening through Genelec studio monitors.

Btw I was listening to a guy play a Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 18 in a music store yesterday and then last night I noticed on Youtube you did a demo of one for a music store?

Any chance you're going to Profile this amp?

• You have done a very good job here. So often people just play the same 'thrashy' type metal riffs, and not solos or single notes. To me, tonal differences are far more obvious when you hear them in the context of a solo. If I didn't already love my Kemper, your video would have convinced me!

Great work :)

• Thanks, GT,

I am definitely going to profile that H&K amp. It's one of the best amps I've had in the studio.

You have done a very good job here. So often people just play the same 'thrashy' type metal riffs, and not solos or single notes. To me, tonal differences are far more obvious when you hear them in the context of a solo. If I didn't already love my Kemper, your video would have convinced me!

Great work :)

Thanks for the comments, Liam.

I'm also convinced. In fact I haven't played this much since I purchased the Kemper.

Cheers.