I cannot see profile names in performances

• First of all, I contacted the Kemper support center via email about 5 days ago and got no reply so far.

You buy this toy for this money and get this kind of support - just awesome!!!

Anyway, I think it's related to the recent update or whatever, but I can't see the profile names that I add to my performances.

All the profiles in my old performances (created and stored before the update) are still visible and indeed I can change them to other profiles and still see the names.

But when I try to add a new profile to an empty slot, the profile goes there as I can hear the sound but the display doesn't show anything. It's troublesome as I don't know what I'm playing...

Does anybody have this kind of a problem too? Any solutions, please!!!

• Okay, I think I found the solution myself, but I don't think it's gone totally.

First, I upgraded the firmware - Rig Manager asked if I want to update and I did. (Though it didn't work right away. I got an error a few times but kept trying.) However, it didn't work right away - usually I was able to put a profile from Rig Manager by just double clicking on a profile. - It still does not work that way. But when I chose a random profile on Kemper it shows it in the slot, and only then double click on the profile I want to add on Rig Master. Then, it changes.

• Did you manage to sort this issue out. The amp names appear in the first 2 performance modes, but from 3 upwards it still shows in the boxes the original names, clean-crunch etc.

Any ideas please.

• Did you manage to sort this issue out. The amp names appear in the first 2 performance modes, but from 3 upwards it still shows in the boxes the original names, clean-crunch etc.

Any ideas please.

if you want to use the original amp name in a slot that already has a userdefined name you need to use the "Use rig name" option in the performance edit menu. Here is a quote from the manual(p188):

It helps to assign meaningful names to Performances and Slots. Depending on how you want to organize your sounds, Performances and Slots could, for example, carry names of songs and musical scenes, or amplifiers and amp channels. Be aware that as long as the Slot Name is identical to that of the loaded Rig, Slot Name will be automatically updated as soon as another Rig is loaded into that Slot. But if you have entered a Slot Name different to the Rig Name (for example “Solo”), it will stay untouched if you load another Rig into that Slot. However, there is a function called “Use Rig Name” on the Rename Slot screen, which allows you to reset Slot Name to Rig Name.

• Thanks for the reply.

Sorry if I'm being an idiot, but the first 2 performance patches all automatically load the patch name into the box. From 3 onwards, I'm having to name each box. Am I missing something in the system settings.

Many thanks,

Andy.

• please read the chapter in the manual that I quoted more thoroughly. Slots that have been named manually keep their name when you load a new rig into them. Use the "Use Rig Name" function to change that. Or use a new performance where the slots have not been named already.