Removing effect presets from Kemper

• Hi all,

Does anyone know if you can delete effect presets from the kemper? There are so many that I would never use and I'd love to cut the effect "Library" back to my own essentials.

Thanks!!

• The next RM revision corresponding to PROFILER OS 7.0 will include preset management.

Considering the immensity of what this could and could not mean to different folks, and that you have not clearly defined would it could/will mean, would it be too much that you either do define it, or not use the term 'preset management'?

• I'll have a stab at it:

The OP wants to be able to remove Presets en-masse, at least, that's the implication. He was disappointed by the fact that he could see no other option besides deleting them one-by-one.

Burkhard suggested that RM will be able to handle FX Presets in a similar manner to the way it deals with Rigs. In the context of the OP's "dilemma", this would mean that he'd be able to view, select and remove them just as he can currently for Rigs by selecting the "My Profiler" folder in RM and proceeding from there.

IMHO, this aspect of the new features alone will be a Godsend. Imagine (yeah, I know, I'm also asking you to imagine stuff) being able to view the entire FX-Preset contents of your KPA and make wholesale changes to the number present as well as being able to quickly-and-conveniently name them. That's just for starters, I'm sure, but it shouldn't take a whole lot of imagination to see some of the potential time-saving and convenience benefits.

• I guess it will remain to be seen how this will manifest, but I can think of numerous issues/questions about if and how this will really work in other scenarios other than mass deleting. Rigs maintain persistent information that identifies what they are and who made them. If the Presets maintain similar persistent information like names/types, etc. it may very well be that it helps a lot of us with other issues like knowing what the preset is or was based upon. On the other hand, if it just allows you to add or remove without context, I am not sure that is what one might define as 'Preset Management'. YMMV.