Biggest Test Yet for my Profiler Sounds

• This past Saturday I was asked to do a one off fill in with a band who'd been a big Southeastern US regional act in the 80's. They do reunion gigs once in a while - just so happens this particular gig, their guitarist couldn't do it, so I was asked. The gig was in fairly large outdoor park opening for Styx. Giant national act sized stage, killer PA and lights, the whole schmeel.

During soundcheck, while checking my guitar I pulled out my IEMs and nearly crapped my pants - it was the biggest guitar tone I'd ever heard - I couldn't believe it was mine!

Unfortunately it was only a 45 minute set - I say unfortunately but truth is I forgot that I'm a 49 year old outta shape dude so I was carrying on like I did when I was 22 and touring the metal circuit LOL!!! Another 45 mins and I'd prolly be dead :-o

Gotta lay off them burgers and beer LOL!!!!!!

Anyhow, afterwards our soundman, with whom I've worked every gig for the last 5 1/2 years, told me that was easily the best and biggest my guitar had ever sounded. That includes nearly 4 years using Marshalls modified by Voodoo Amps with my custom modifications, which are some of Voodoo's more popular mods (I ran across one at Summer NAMM, of all places, a couple years ago).

During the brief time I was hanging around out front I had several people stop me and comment on my guitar sound, some saying it blew away what they were hearing from Tommy Shaw's Bogner Shivas. In all fairness, those Bogners sound incredible but their soundman wasn't doing them any favors. Tommy does have 2 Kempers in his rack but they're currently being used for backup :-(>

The next night was a private party gig in a beach bar not much bigger than a large living room LOL. It's a party we play every year and soundwise, it's a nightmare. All concrete and glass. This time, for me, was different because I'm running a KPA and IEMs, I heard EXACTLY the same tones both nights. As someone who's gigged for a living for roughly the last 30 years, that's truly a revelation for me!

• Exactly the same for me. I’m a 50 year old who who spent 25 years in the same 10 piece soul band. We played a multitude of different size and type of venue but no matter where we played I could never hear my Mesa’s on stage over the 5 piece horn section and Hammond Organ. We had a regular home town stomping gig which used to hold 800 although we squeezed 1231 into on one occasion which was an old town hall designed for choirs and dance bands. The type of place we used to refer to as “a hostile sound environment”:D anyway we played a final gig there last year and I used the KPA . It was the best onstage sound I've ever had with the band and the sound guy literally ran up to me afterwards to tell me it was the best guitar sound he had heard in there ever. that was before ai got my IEM. Itks even better for me onstage now:)