Can't find any rigs!

• I did a firmware update to 6.0 as well as a full factory reset etc, because I bought my Kemper Profiler used, and I wanted all factory default settings and rigs etc.

I am pretty sure I did everything correctly, but now when I boot it up I firstly get the rig "Crunch" showing in the display, and then when I try and scroll through the rigs using the browse knob, the display shows a menu that has no rigs listed at all, and then when I press exit button, it simply goes back to the rig called "Crunch" again, but that's all I can ever get. Also the four cross buttons light up but seem to do nothing.

I would have assumed that doing a firmware update to 6.0 as well as a full factory reset etc, would have loaded in a bunch of factory rigs, no? Prior to my firmware update to 6.0 as well as a fully factory reset etc, I confirmed it would scroll through the rigs, so I doubt there is anything wrong with the unit.

Thanks very much from the new guy!

• I am obliged paults!

Why would there be any rigs at all on board then i.e. Crunch"?

Is "Crunch" part of the factory rigs?

Can I drag and drop more than one rig at the same time on Rig Exchange?

I must say the software functionality of the Kemper appears primitive by today's standards, am I missing something?

• Bad news, I loaded the Kemper factory rig pack via USB stick and it went seamlessly, however I still only appear to have that one rig "Crunch". What am I doing wrong ? It did scroll through a number of rigs before I did a firmware update to 6.0 as well as a full factory reset etc. Oh it's working now, I'm not sure what I was doing wrong!

• What you are referring to as the "full factory reset" is an unofficial procedure, which might have wiped out all Rigs as well as cleared the edit buffer of your PROFILER. Since OS 5.7 the factory default pool of Rigs is not included in the software anymore because of size limitations. We recommend this procedure only on a case by case basis and under our guidance.

"Crunch" is the default hard-coded Rig, which appears, when the edit buffer had been cleared.

• Hello Burkhard,

Thank you so much for your wonderful support and thoughtfulness!

A few quick questions if I may please:

1. Is the full factory reset not mentioned in the manual (I seem to recall it is mentioned)?

2. If the full factory reset is mentioned in the manual, does the manual mention it should not be done without guidance from Kemper (I don't recall it saying as much)?

3. Since you mention it should not be done without without guidance from Kemper (I did not know this nor read it anywhere) have I caused harm to the unit?

4. Should I now request guidance from Kemper and perform a full factory reset again?

6. If I should perform a full factory reset with guidance from Kemper, could you provide that guidance in this thread, or should I forward you my email, or is there another more preferable way?

A few points if I may please:

a. Everything seems to work just fine now, and the prompts on the LCD display for the full factory reset were very understandable.

b. I have performed factory resets on other effects devices by other manufacturers, and I have always been careful to ensure there was no interruption of power, all cables were high quality and fully connected, etc.

c. There has never been a problem in any prior instances of any factory reset I've performed on any other unit (including this one it as far as I can tell).

d. I am aware of the possibility of "bricking" should a factory rest go awry.

• A complete reset to as delivered state is not in the manual, because we want to make sure, that if it's done, it's done for good reasons and with the understanding, that it wipes out all former content and settings. The whole internal maintenance mode is intentionally not documented by us.

The ReadMe is indicating, that since OS 5.7 the preinstalled content (Rigs, presets, Performances) is NOT included completely in the OS anymore, because of file size limitations:

changed: Factory content not completely included in operating system file (kaos.bin) anymore, just presets. Consequently Factory Rigs function in System Settings renamed to Factory Presets.

That explains, why you were missing the Rigs after the exercise.

Since you have recovered the Rigs and everything is working I see no reason for another reset.