おすすめのA/I教えてください!What kind of Audio inter face is better for using kemper ?

• 初めまして。最近Kemperユーザーになり毎日DAWで記録しているのですが、A/I(Presonus Studio1810)経由で録音していてどうしても音質が劣化している様に感じてしまい諸々調べているのですが(ヘッドフォンOutのモニター音に近づけたく)Main outからステレオでDirect out接続していますがDAW側(Studio one 4)でイコライジングやコンプなど設定しないと解決しないものでしょうか?とにかく普通に鳴らしたい。もっといい音で録音したい。私も最初悩んだ等あれば、ぜひよろしければアドバイスお願いします。;(

Hi! I had been getting started to using Kemper on DAW. but I have a few concern how to get as same as I created by head phone monitor sound on kemper through Audio inter face into PC. I feel like bad than I created through A/I phone jack sound. I had tried how to connect and adjusting output level, but I could not get good results. If this is the problem of A/I quality, i am thinking to get new A/I. honestly I think I want to record good sounds. so, if you have good idea, please let me know. ;(

• Before you buy anything, go into the Output menu on the Kemper and see how it is set. Master stereo should give you close to what the headphones are doing but not exactly as the headphone socket on the Kemper does headphone space too (a setting to make phones sound cool).

Next in that menu ensure the output isn't too high as you might be clipping your interface.

If you still can't get good results, tell us what interface you're actually using now? For sure there are quality differences but the Kemper should sound pretty good through any line input or spdif..... If you decide to buy one there are lots out there from low to high budget...... Difficult for folks to recommend until they know what you have now.

• Hi nakazen-san,

Hi Gary-san,

Much appreciated your kindly advise.

(already you know, I am using Presonus Studio one 4.5, and A/I is Studio 1810.)

around my situation, there are no users of these settings, I guess but now I understood it may be a problem of Kemper's settings, or to use S/PDIF is better with no D/A-A/D conversion through A/I.

I will try to check the settings again, and I will try to get S/PDIF cable with new A/I.

Thank you very much!!:)

• Hi Satoshi-san,

Sorry, I missed you had the Presonus and thanks Nakedzen for pointing this out :)

Whilst SPDIF is nice, there’s no reason why you should be getting issues with bad sound with Analogue...... it should be fine so I suspect you’re overloading one of the inputs on the interface.

First thing on the interface - select a line level input. If you’re going from the Kemper to ‘instrument level’ that won’t be good..... instrument level is for plugging a guitar directly in and using an amp sim on the computer. So ensure you’re using the correct input.

Then make sure you’re not turning the input gain too high on the mixed. Try it half way to start.

In Studio One 4.5, there is a new feature where you can see audio levels pre-faded and then trim if needed. Hit F3 to bring the mixer up then right click on the meter next to the fader. Change it to ‘pre fader’. Now play your Guitar. If you keep the peak levels down to -12 then you should get no distortion. You can adjust either the output of the Kemper or you can adjust the trim controls (look at the new docs for 4.5 if you’re not sure how / there are videos....)

Another possibility causing distortion is your buffer settings..... if these are too high you get lag but if they are too low, all kinds of strange noises are possible.

Hope this helps?

• Hi-Gary-san,

what can I say...Thank you very much for your kindly advise!This is very helpful for me and I would like to thank this great community and passion for music. haha.

I understood I need to adjust input gain, tunings, buffer settings. sorry for my poor explaining, I had been just tried only to adjust input levels, no- over peak. I felt something lost of core of guitar tone basically I had been play at studio and heard real sound of guitar, how can I say the tone of bright was losing,.. when I recored to DAW. and also, it had bit noise from high or low sound .So, i had to started to check the reasons...

I will try again with your advise and will update soon.

Thank you8)