How to replicate the sound for Mr. Brightside

• As the title says, I'm trying to duplicate the sound that Dave Keuning of The Killers uses for Mr. Brightside. I know he use a David Gilmore Hiwatt for this song. Anyone out there have that sound already down and care to share your tips/settings? I was hoping there would be a Rig Rundown episode on YouTube for The Killers so I could see exactly what he's using, but I didn't find anything.

I'm using a Guthrie Govan signature model with HSH configuration. So with those pickups, I should be able to get pretty close. If any of you have that sound already replicated and want to share, I'd appreciate it. I use mainly MBritt profiles, so starting with one of his would be ideal, but I'm certainly open to whatever produces the best sound.

Edited once, last by OhG ().

• My band and I covered this song pretty often. I personally used Selah Sounds Jackson Scarlett Mark 2 amp profile. It's similar to most Vox AC30 type amps which has your typical British rock sound.

I used a guitar with humbuckers (bridge pickup), little bit of quarter note delay, reverb, and some slight overdrive/crunch.

• Thanks for all the help guys. I found the TAF Gilmour Hiwatt last night. I’ll give that a shot. Messed around with it last night but it isn’t as “full” sounding as all my MBritt profiles. I’ll see if I can tweak it to sound right.

• Thanks for all the help guys. I found the TAF Gilmour Hiwatt last night. I’ll give that a shot. Messed around with it last night but it isn’t as “full” sounding as all my MBritt profiles. I’ll see if I can tweak it to sound right.

There is a easier answer...its an awful song, don;t play it :)

Sorry, there are certain songs that grate, this is one of them for me. Much prefer somebody told me :)...Seriously, hope you get the sound sorted.