Just Bought 3 Choptones Profile Packs. TC-50, Brit 2144, DR2G6L6

• So I just bought the Bogie TC-50, Bogie DR2G6L6 and the Brit 2144. These are my first Choptone packs. Unfortunately, I can't try them until tomorrow afternoon. :(

Does anyone have any of these packs? How do you like them and such? Any suggestions on tweaking them??

I am excited to try them out. I just played a TC-100 recently and was loving it so hoping their TC-50 profiles has some same vibes. Their videos for the Brit 2144 are fantastic and sold me fast on this pack and their DR2G6L6 pack vids as well. I really was wanting their Bruno XL pack and their TC-100 as well but at $176 for these tonight capped me out for spending as I just bought another cab over the weekend.

Once again, if anyone has tried these packs, let me know what you think of them? Thanks

• This morning I couldn't resist. Loaded up the Brit 2144 direct profiles since my Kemper is hooked to my cab.

WOW!! Blowing through all 19 of the DI profiles was fantastic!! I am really impressed. I didn't spend much time on each but with each switch. I was blown away. More details later.

• BB2019

Choptones is a great choice. I think there is no "instant perfect" solution (if you chase THE sound :S) but yes, I also recommend their profiles because they are made with quality equipment and can be easily customized.

• Bought a few other play packs during this summer and yes Choptones are highly recommended. And there are no other vendors that have so many youtube clips of their profiles. And awsome guitars too. 8)

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• I haven't tried the any of the 3 packs Studio profiles just yet. Will over the coming weekend with my FRFR.

Well right off the bat, the Brit 2144 DI's are fantastic. Can't find one that doesn't sound amazing through my Mesa RK 412. In fact, many of these are going to be incorporated into my main tones with my Friedman JJ profiles I love. These cover a lot of versatility. From clean to mean with just a little eq'ing . Highly recommend these DI's if you play with a cab and a powered Kemper.

The TC-50 DI's seem like they were profiled quite different. Still messing with them. Haven't found a distorted sound that grabs me just yet. Going to mess with them a little bit more tonight when I have time. They sound nothing like the TC-100 amp I played last week and really liked. But it is the TC-50 pack but I thought they would be close. I was wrong so far.

The Bogie DR2G6L6 DI's are going to have to be played with as well. Having a Mesa Tremoverb Rectifier as my main amp for 15 years, the DI's sound nothing like it just yet. Quick run through, they all seem boxy with a lot of bass through my RK 412. (On a side note, I haven't found any Rectifier profiles yet that have moved me. They all seem to be profiled for Djent, Metallica and just too bass heavy. Nothing for straight up hard rock with a good grind). I will keep playing with these DI's this coming weekend as well. I am hoping I can tweak them to get the woofy feel out of them and get a good solid hard rock tone.

Not saying these Mesa DI's on both packs are bad, just not what I was expecting just yet.

Like I stated above, these so far tested are the DI's. Looking forward to hearing them through my FRFR.

• BB2019

I can't comment on DI packs because I only have studio packs (with unpowered Kemper) so I can try out many cabinets with speakers and microphones - fortunately there are plenty of options in the studio packs.

• BB2019

I can't comment on DI packs because I only have studio packs (with unpowered Kemper) so I can try out many cabinets with speakers and microphones - fortunately there are plenty of options in the studio packs.

Yeah, going to have some fun with my FRFR this weekend with the studio profiles.

• Update on the TC-50 DI's. After spending a few hourw this afternoon. I have figured out how to dial them in. I have messed with 3 of them today. I got all 3 sounding amazing. My other guitarist was loving it as well. Choptones has got me smiling tonight.

• Hey, if you liked the Brit 2144 try out the Brit HG59. Great choice for "high gain with style" tones. :)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.