Using a Gemini 1 FR and Kemper - difficult getting accurate tones. (thin, nasally)

• EDIT - Moved to public forum. [I couldn't find the delete post control]

I've had my powered Kemper for about a year now, and have tried using a custom built Mojotone 1x12 with a Celestion Redback, but have really struggled to get a good tone for any Fender, Vox or Marshall rigs. Cab-emulation turned off, and I'm still getting just thin, annoying tones as compared to other guitarists on stage with me using Orange or Princeton amps. Last weekend was the last straw at a live gig and another guitar player played through my rig and even out front it sounded absolutely awful. On stage it wasn't any better. Thin, no body, no presence. My bandmate right next to me was playing through an Orange rig that sound incredible.

So rather than throw the baby out with the bathwater, I went out and bought a Gemini 1x12 powered FRFR cab. ($$$$). Thinking I'd have a GREAT rig now, I had a rehearsal last night and my rig sounded pathetic as compared to a Deluxe my buddy was playing through. (e.g. thin, no body, no presence).

This morning, I factory-reset my Kemper, turned off the power-amp, enabled profiles with cab-emulation turned on and tried a side-by-side comparison with numerous Deluxe profiles in the Kemper and an actual Deluxe Reverb amp. The amp was the clear winner with presence, oomph and tone in general. The Kemper sounded like a knock-off, even with the Gemini.

I'm still very excited about what this can sound like, based on what I've heard online and the numerous big names already using these in live situations, but I feel like I'm missing something SUPER obvious as to why I can't get meaty, present sounds from my setup. I'm not gonna give up, but if anyone has a suggestion, I'm all ears. :)

Edited once, last by bullpup597: EDIT - Moved to public forum. [I couldn't find the delete post control]​​ ().