Poweramp ON with FRFR via monitor out - sounds way better.

• I've noticed that with my Gemini powered 1-P connected through the monitor out, the Gemini sounds WAY better and even more punchy when the Kemper's poweramp is turned on.

Is this my imagination? When I turn the poweramp off on the Kemper, the tone from the Gemini is a bit lower in volume and loses character.

I'm guessing this is expected behavior, but I'm not sure why.

• No, I'm using a powered speaker with the monitor out. Nothing plugged in the speaker out.

Toggling the poweramp on or off changes the volume and quality of the sound from the Gemini dramatically, even when using the monitor out.

• I have noticed the same thing. I have a powered toaster but use the monitor output to feed a pair of Yamaha DXR10 powered speakers. I think this is caused by the power amp boost. Mine is currently set to 6 dB. If I shut it off and increase the master 6dB it seems to be the same result or sounds very close. Someone with a more thorough understanding of the unit may be able to elaborate. According to the manual the power amp and monitor output are in parallel so the boost will affect both.

• No, I'm using a powered speaker with the monitor out. Nothing plugged in the speaker out.

Toggling the poweramp on or off changes the volume and quality of the sound from the Gemini dramatically, even when using the monitor out.

I have noticed the same thing. I have a powered toaster but use the monitor output to feed a pair of Yamaha DXR10 powered speakers. I think this is caused by the power amp boost. Mine is currently set to 6 dB. If I shut it off and increase the master 6dB it seems to be the same result or sounds very close. Someone with a more thorough understanding of the unit may be able to elaborate. According to the manual the power amp and monitor output are in parallel so the boost will affect both.

Thanks guys for clarifying. Sorry I had it wrong, I'm a non-powered user.

That is certainly an interesting observation though.:/

• As long as the main out is not linked to the monitor out / power amp out I think that would isolate them. I've never used the main out in practice.

the volume link option only determines which outputs are being controlled by the Master volume knob. The power amp and the monitor out are sharing the same signal path. The Main out signal path is independent from that.