Output Routing with powered Kemper for Recording

• I am a Kemper user for about a year now and even though I am not posting a lot I read almost everything in the forum.

What I did not find yet is part of my question about output routing for recording. I am using a powered Kemper with a Redsound LG12 Passive FRFR cab. I am recording through my audio interface to Cubase 10 and everything is working as expected. I use 4 analog inputs on my audio interface for the Kemper:

1 Stereo Input using the Main Output via XLR with the setting Wet

1 Input using the monitor output with the setting Stack Mono

and 1 Input using the DI Output for Git Analog.

Everything is working fine, but with this setting I cannot use the poweramp with the cab, since it would be way too loud for recording. I have to set the output level for monitor out to -10db - -15db to get a good input level in Cubase. However, since the output level for the monitor output is linked to the output level of the poweramp I cannot use the cab for recording, which I would really like.

Is there any possible way of output routing (without losing the flexibility to record the Effects separately) where I could use my poweramp with the cab while recording?

• In your setup all analog outputs are occupied except the HEADPHONE OUT. But that one doesn't allow to select the output source. If you want to record all those signals separately AND use the internal power amp independently at the same time, you need to bring the digital S/PDIF OUT into the picture.

• I do have digital inputs so how would you wire the outputs/inputs to achieve my goal?

I guess I have to remove the monitor output analog cable and replace it with a digital output?

Is it possible to change output levels for digital outputs independent from the analog ones?

I think it would make the most sense to use digital outputs for the wet stereo out and for the mono-stack sound, right?

• You could use SPDIF for the wet stereo signal, configure the MAIN OUTPUTS as "Stack" or even "Mod Stereo", and then have the Monitor Output free to just feed the internal power amp.

The SPDIF OUT has its own volume control.

• This is the perfect solution for me, thank you so much.

A few probably dumb questions left... What is the difference between Stack and Mod Stereo? Is Mod Stereo the stack signal in stereo?

Can 1 spdif input handle the stereo signal? (like the output on the Kemper)

• Output Source "Stack" picks the signal post the Stack and there it is still mono. Output Source "Mod..." picks the signal post the module MOD. So, the effects in module X and MOD are included and those could be stereo.

The PROFILER can only handle mono input signals except for Aux In and Loop Stereo.