Bandhelper app midi song/performance?

• Thanks for chiming in Burkhard

What about the "Controller, Value"? I tried that method, and it moves to the correct Performance, but only waits for input to select the slot. No matter how I set the "System settings" for perf.load, I can't get it to choose default slot 1, or keep slot. Only "Pending" works.

Any ideas?

CC# 47 works exactly as described in the Main Manual. It is dedicated to "Pending". In order to immediately load a Slot the combination of bank select LSb and program change is available.

From the Main Manual table:

Values 0-124 preload Performance 1-125, if “Performance Load” is set to “Pending”. One of the CCs #50-54 then loads one of the Slots, if this Slot is enabled.

• Thanks, I'll try that again.

Cheers,

• Hi dmatthews , did you ever get this to work satisfactorily? I've been looking at Bandhelper and wondering whether it could be useful for me.

Yes, I did.

I've been using this without problem over the last 5 practices (one a week), and at home just playing around.

Certainly a different playing and work flow. Before this method I'd use Bandhelper only for lyrics, and only for those songs my brain can't remember.

Now I use it for every song whether I sing it or not. So you sort of trade the button mashing on the remote for scrolling in the app.

The nice thing about the app is that the screen never turns off or goes dim. Make sure your device has a good sized battery.

Also, the choice of bluetooth adapter doesn't stick in the app. Each time you run the app you have to pick the adapter again. No biggie, but thought I'd mention it.

As I said, it is very stable.

• The MD-BT01 works very good. You can see it in action with a additional foot controller

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.