Mono output - Left/Right?

• Sorry if this has been covered before but I couldn't find a thread with this same situation.

Last week I played my KPA at practice directly into the PA going stereo from the main outputs. I don't really need that - I don't use any true stereo effects right now. This week I wanted to see if I could just get by with just one XLR going from the Left Main Output to a single channel on the mixing board. I set my output to Master Mono - however it only came out of the left speaker. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the situation, but I feel like it should be able to be panned L/R or put center on the one channel. What am I doing wrong?

• The pan control for the guitar channel on the mixing board needs to be set to the center for you to hear a mono guitar signal in both speakers when the PA is stereo.

Yup - it was set to center and still only coming out of the left side. Even when I was panning it to the right side.

• It has to be so the on the desk not the Kemper.

Have you got any sub groups on the desk. If you are routing to a sub group and the bus is panned left then it wouldn’t matter where the individual track is panned within the group as the bus pan will override it.

Alternatively, have you got it sent to an Aux for monitoring instead of main outs.

Follow the signal chain from the input of the desk channel strip methodically and confirm every setting of every knob and switch through the full chain.