Helix HX Stomp

• Just took the plunge and ordered a Helix HX, mainly as a backup rig in case the Kemper goes down.

I was an original Helix user on day of release, so will be interested to see how different everything is now, especially after all the updates.

I recall that nothing had the same feel or response as the Kemper, but it'll be interesting doing a direct comparison!

Planning on using the HX as a practice tool when I travel for work as well - the Kemper is a bit too big to lug around..

• Why the Helix HX. It has no Amp-Modelling!

I think, the Helix Stomp would be the better choice?!

Fender Am. Strat Standard | Fender Elite Standard | Ibanez AZ 2204 | Gibson Les Paul Standard | Suhr Standard Plus | Epiphone ES-335 Lim. Ed. |

Kemper Stage | Kemper Kone | Line6 HX Stomp | Strymon Sunset | Line 6 Relay G30 |

LD Systems U500 InEar | Behringer X32 Compact

SKEEN - Join The Revolution In Screen Protection

• According to the blurb and the people I've spoken to it does...?

https://www.pmtonline.co.uk/line-6-hx-stomp-multi-fx-pedal

Yep, contains amp and cab modelling.

If you've got the HX Stomp you're good because it has amp modeling.

The HX Effects doesn’t have amp modeling.

To avoid confusion Line 6 calls the smaller Helices 'HX', not Helix.

• If it is the HX Stomp, it is a good choice :thumbup:

Fender Am. Strat Standard | Fender Elite Standard | Ibanez AZ 2204 | Gibson Les Paul Standard | Suhr Standard Plus | Epiphone ES-335 Lim. Ed. |

Kemper Stage | Kemper Kone | Line6 HX Stomp | Strymon Sunset | Line 6 Relay G30 |

LD Systems U500 InEar | Behringer X32 Compact

SKEEN - Join The Revolution In Screen Protection

• I use a HX stomp as back up and for some effects too. It is great but certainly not a patch on the Kemper.

Great, small back up though??

I just picked one up for backup, also. It's suitable for that IMO, but it doesn't have quite the tone my KPA has. Now I can sell my second KPA and buy another guitar 8o

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Same here, use it as a backup and even at rehearsal ... does the job very well , use FS3 as "morph" so kicks in the leads as my expr pedal does with the kemper. I even bought a dunlop mini wah that I still need to convert to expr pedal to use as wah !

Raf

ps : other guitarist thinks the helix sounds better then the kemper :o , with the current preset it indeed sounds more open , more clarity ... I do need to try other rigs (use a redsound RS-LG12 neo)

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• I got myself one as a backup for the kemper (of course) and lightweight bass rig for rehearsal.

While the (guitar) sounds are not as authentic as the kemper the great thing is the editor. It so much easier to edit and tweak with it.

Maybe I'll run the HX Stomp in the FX loop of the kemper with the parallel path option.

• While the (guitar) sounds are not as authentic as the kemper the great thing is the editor. It so much easier to edit and tweak with it.

Maybe I'll run the HX Stomp in the FX loop of the kemper with the parallel path option.

The HX Stomp has such limited on-board controls that an editor for it is an absolute requirement. I don't find that to be the case with the KPA.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer