Any Boss SY-300 user here ?

• Hi, I'll probably have a Boss SY-300 next week and i have some routing questions.

I would probably put it in the effect loop of the Kemper, do i need to off the amp section for the synth sounds to be as synth as possible ?

Also, I want to use my Kemper to be controlled by my DAW (Maschine 2) with midi. Can my kemper control the Boss SY-300 at the same time ?

Any suggestions or tips for the Boss SY-300 with the kemper are welcome !

Thx

• I used to own a SY-300 briefly.

Per your first question: the SY-300, as a synthesizer, has itself a distortion generator. Therefore it’s not necessarily bad to hit the unit post amp. Just experiment how you get what you want to achieve.

Second question: of course. Any midi that’s received by the Profiler can be used to control external devices.

• Hi I own a SY-300. I don't route mine through my Kemper at all though. I use an A/B/Y switch to choose Kemper amps/SY-300/both. You can use the Kemper + remote or a DAW to change the boss patches, you can control a few more boss parameters with your DAW.

The SY-300 has some nice effects on its own as well, useful for guitar/bass.

The SY-300 can be a fickle synth to use but for some lead sounds and synth ambience it can be fun. I am interested in how you plan on incorporating the unit into your music.

I am going to try some of the new Kemper reverbs at the same time as the SY-300 , there should be some new synth sounds to be had.

Not much help, but at least you know how I use mine.

• I used to own a SY-300 briefly.

Per your first question: the SY-300, as a synthesizer, has itself a distortion generator. Therefore it’s not necessarily bad to hit the unit post amp. Just experiment how you get what you want to achieve.

Second question: of course. Any midi that’s received by the Profiler can be used to control external devices.

Thx, yes I will experiment, for now it will probably between in front or in the loop.

For the midi question i need to learn more (midi is a mystery for me) but a few months back i made some tests and I'm pretty sure that i needed to plug midi IN and OUT to the Maschine mikro Mk2 to make it work (maybe it's not true) so it let me the midi Thru on the kemper, is it enough to send at least program changes to the Boss ?

This is what I want for live: (too bad he didn't make a tutorial yet...)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The SY-300 can be a fickle synth to use but for some lead sounds and synth ambience it can be fun. I am interested in how you plan on incorporating the unit into your music.

My plan with this unit is to use it a lot, my music turn more and more in an electro way and I'd like to play line with my guitar when i can.

The SY-300 is kind of the only thing for now that fit for me cause i'll need a lot of presets AND midi controlling.

I hope i'll achieve good sounds with it cause i must say that the video demos i saw were not all good. I need pad , 8 bit, synthwav, 80s, ambient sounds etc... and I hope i can make them cause it seems to be a deep machine.

That's too bad that Boss seems to not be update friendly cause I'm sure this unit can so much better . I must say that i prefered the EHX synth9 demos and especially the Meris Enzo that feet way more in terms of sounds with my style (but only 16 presets and needed to buy external device for midi that make it more expensive than a used Boss)

Here the meris that i hope i can soundlike with the Boss:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.