One gig behind me. I'm totally sold!

• I'm a two week owner of the powerhead and remote. I played a 3 hour gig on Saturday with the powerhead using my cab for monitor, going through the console for the audience. Incredible amp! I put together two performance slots, one with a collection of Marshall and Fender profiles from the factory collection, the other from M.Britt's Vox profiles. Both sounded great. I can't wait to spend more time finding more profiles. The really staggering thing to me is how long and how many amps and pedals I've gone through and never gotten results like I did with just a few hours of working with the powerhead. Like somebody else on this forum said, the sound in my head was there for the taking.

I have a question (maybe this isn't the right forum for that, but I'm new here). I tried my hand a building profiles yesterday. I'm profiling my old workhorse - a late '90s Fender Prosonic. When I played with my results, I was blown away by how great they sounded through headphones, but when I played them through my cab - not so much. They sound OK, but they don't sound like the Prosonic through the same cab. My technique was just getting the profile of the cab using a mic. Since the results sound fine through headphones, but not in cab I'm guessing the problem is a double cab effect, i.e. the profile is made through the cab, then it's going through it again. Further, I assume the only way to fix this is to get the direct amp sound using a DI box and mixing it with the original cab profile. My question is am I on the right track with my thinking or is there something else I should be doing or looking for?

• To get more accurate results, using a DI box that can attenuate the signal post power amp (check the Direct Amp profile guides m) is your best bet, though you could also try just turning off the Cab block.

• Welcome to the forum! Do you have Monitor Cab Off selected in the Output section? That's normally the best option when running through a guitar cab.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• My question is am I on the right track with my thinking or is there something else I should be doing or looking for?

Yes, you were on the right track Bill, but as others have pointed out, simply switching the Cab block off (press the button once so the LED goes out) will do the job.

sambrox 's suggestion that more-accurate results can be achieved by creating and using a Direct Amp Profile stem from the fact that by switching off the Cab block in the Studio Profile you made, you're asking the Kemper to guess where the direct-amp sound ends and the cab one begins. It's very-good at this and in most cases folks are happy with the resulting split, but if you're finding that the "guessed" amp-only component of the Profile through your cab doesn't sound as close to the original as you'd like, making a Direct Amp Profile is the next logical step to take.

Welcome to the forum, Bill. :)

• Welcome,

DI profiles are definitely more accurate but maybe not necessary. Let us know if switching off the cab helped/worked.

Just another suggestion for your set up...guitar cabs really colour the sound. Therefore if you are going direct into a PA at gigs, strongly suggest you test your profiles with a PA or FRFR cab because I found a guitar cab can mask bad sounds, which you only find out at a gig!

Glad your loving it! Do you have the remote? Have you tried Morph yet? I find these very useful for live..

• Welcome to the forum! Do you have Monitor Cab Off selected in the Output section? That's normally the best option when running through a guitar cab.

As a followup. I did set Monitor Cab Off and it appears to have solved my problem. Thanks to all of you for your welcomes and suggestions.

I have to admit, I'm amazed at the Profiler's ability to separate the effects of the cab from that of the amp - at least to the extent that my ears can discern a significant difference.

• Just to mention, when I said "sold" that's becoming literal. I've already sold off half my pedalboard. The rest is on the block along with my main amp. I'm keeping a small tube amp and a Timmy for a backup.