*solved* Problem with two amps and midi

• Hello guys! And thanks already ?

So basically as only guitarist I bought a second amp to beef up and make my sound stereo and have a problem with controlling the both.

My simple setup:

Guitar -> Mimiq Stereo split -> Kemper (Main) and second the Line6 HX Stomp.

I am using Behringer fcb1010 with uno4kemper chip and everything has worked great with the Kemper so far. So I tried to connect the Line6 also for the same thing and something weird happened. The presets change as normal in Kemper and in Line6 but the upper rows "stomp" LEDs and tap tempo stopped working ?

So the Kemper revecieves the messages and but the Leds, and tap tempo just stopped working all together.

Cables goes like this

Fcb Midi Out -> line6 -> line6 midi trough -> kpa midi in

kpa midi out -> fcb midi in.

Any help? ? Or any ideas? Or anything? Should I buy a midi doubler or something? ?

41 Global Settings > MIDI/Tempo

2 MIDI ThruWhen on, MIDI OUT also acts as a MIDI THRU; that is, it passes through any MIDI messages received at the MIDI IN jack.

Did you tur on MIDI Thru option on HX ?

I think it is better to connect Line 6 MIDI in to KPA MIDI thru. You can use then PC command send on every slot in the performance. You can also remap PC changes for HX in the performacnes.

From the KPA Manual:

• Yep, midi trough is turned on. ?

And I first tried to connect it like that but it did something totaly weird. It did not receive the right messages at all in the HX. Somehow the KPA changed the the midi-info to complete different so I had to try this and it was the only way to get the right info to Line6. ?

• Yep, midi trough is turned on. ?

And I first tried to connect it like that but it did something totaly weird. It did not receive the right messages at all in the HX. Somehow the KPA changed the the midi-info to complete different so I had to try this and it was the only way to get the right info to Line6. ?

Try to use PC changes in the slots - and connect Line 6 to MIDI THRU.

In my previous post I pasted instructions from the manual how to do it.

• I tried ?

The weird thing is when the Uno4kemper is connected as it should like you mentioned and like I first tried it doesnt give you the normal commands, including Pc commands. It then truns like this:

The upper row does not do anything and down rows first two recalls the two presets everytime and third one just puts the EXP pedal on on the HX. ? And the Exp does nothing on the hx as does not the two down row buttons and bank change buttons. I was so confused and had been stuck here for a couple of days googling and looking on manuals ?

Thanks for trying with me ! ?

• Yep, it was connected like this. This is the configuration the problems appear.

When connevted like this the KPA works like it should but Line6 does strange things, isn't this some voodoo stuff? ? God I hate midi ?

I also read the manual and tried the "3rd party midi devices" thing on system menu on Performance mode but nothing ?

• Did you set MIDI Base Ch and MIDI PC Rx in line 6 to MIDI In? :

"MIDI PC Rx Determines whether the HX Effects device responds to incoming MIDI program change (PC) messages from its MIDI IN port, via USB, or both MIDI and USB. If you don't want your HX Effects device to respond to PC messages at all, set this to "Off.""

• Thanks! Problem solved finally!

Took my old midisport uno and checked out the incoming information and finaly got the messages after all the upgrades to everything ??

Restarted and upgraded everything and after the eve of tweaking everything works and sounds great!

Thanks DamienGreda also fir the tips. ?