A Couple New Uploads to the Rig Exchange

• In case anyone's interested I just uploaded a couple of my profiled rigs up to the exchange.

The rigs are called:

SS Sweet Deluxe

SS Gnarly Deluxe

Both are based on my Fender '68 Custom Deluxe Reverb that I've modified by swapping out the V-Type speaker with a Celestion G12-65 from 1979 (originally from a Marshall 4x12. The amp is 8ohms, the speaker is 16 (well 15ohms according to the label as old Celestions sometimes were).

Before buying my KPA this Deluxe was my main rig. It worked great as a platform to create quite a few sounds. For drive tones I had a few different pedals. Over my time using it I found those pedals sounded better when pushing the amp a bit. The problem was when I'd kick them off the clean level of the amp (which I need A LOT with my current band) was waaaay low. To remedy this I set the output on my MXR Dynacomp all the way up with the compression a hair above 9 o'clock. This setting also served to thicken the clean sound considerably.

I now use a Dynacomp with my KPA & the profile reacts exactly as the actual amp does. I tried to dial in the same sound and effect using the KPA's comps and got really close, but by the time I did, I'd already ordered a power supply for the pedalboard so I could run my Crybaby Classic in front, so I just run the Dynacomp as well.

Sweet Deluxe is the amp pretty clean, on the classic channel with the volume at 3.

Gnarly Deluxe is the exact same setting but with a Lovepedal Super Six (w/Stevie Mod), with a fairly low drive setting, in front.

If you have a comparable comp try putting it in front of these rigs. Without that compression and boost they'll probably sound a bit anemic. For the Sweet Deluxe rig you can get close by setting the Stack compressor to around 6 (if I remember correctly). I wasn't able to get what I was looking for with the stomp comp. I'm not sure how that would work for the Gnarly Deluxe sound as it really depends on the level boost from the comp for some of its drive.

Also both pedals have some morph settings - Sweet Deluxe gets a little louder and the tone changes a little. On Gnarly Deluxe, the amp gain is increased, perhaps some other parameters, I don't recall.

Anyhow, I've been using these now for several weeks on my gigs and they're working great! I'm looking forward to seeing how they work for others as well.

• Thanks i'll give um a try.

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user