Paper Darts (Ionosphere verb)

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Some more ionosphere verb content, going back to some more trancey old skool roots here.

• Hey there guys, thanks for checking it out!

Monkey_Man - These were synths in Reason so the new bass synth they just released, umpf retro beats, a touch of respire, and some other synth I can't remember the name of right now for the gated sound. I have quite a few synths in the rack and I never have time to really learn them so I tend to use a lot of preset tones with minor tweaks.

• Haha, oh yes indeed, I think I've got it down to a tee for the ultimate Grammy's speech :

Walks up in super tacky designer 80's Run DMC puffer jacket so overpuffed that people thought I was dressed as Bibendum and so inappropriately covered in bling that Mr T would blush, despite being up for an award for nothing at all related to any club or urban genre, ideally something extremely classical and worthy. Waits for applause to end while staring around room arrogantly.
    "Peace!"

Drops mic.

Leaves stage to huge Hollywood afterparty with massive entourage somehow losing award statuette along the way possibly even before leaving the stage. Goes back to normal life.

What do you think? I'm pretty sure I'm leaving minimal room for Kanye interruptions there.

• <- Per's acceptance-and-after-party plan ->

What do you think? I'm pretty sure I'm leaving minimal room for Kanye interruptions there.

Sounds like a plan with style, man. 8o

Hey there guys, thanks for checking it out!

Monkey_Man - These were synths in Reason so the new bass synth they just released, umpf retro beats, a touch of respire, and some other synth I can't remember the name of right now for the gated sound. I have quite a few synths in the rack and I never have time to really learn them so I tend to use a lot of preset tones with minor tweaks.

Ahh... thank you, Per. Reason's definitely done the job there for you mate. Sounds great - expensive even. :/

• Heh thanks, I have taken to slapping on a bit of UAD Plate verb on the bus and their Oxide tape plugin too which sounds quite nice and might helps with the sheen and cohesion a little?

Anyhow, this sort of thing is very simple, I can knock out hours of it and it's easy, but anything else I find very hard which is probably why I avoid this and keep on working at that other stuff mostly and rarely revisiting this sort of sound or track. I am literally the worst kind of competitive asshole person because I really hate not being good at something, even if it means subjecting my wife to the torture of many hours of really terrible attempts at music.