Some noodling with the KPA

• The are some purposeful spoils to the mix as this is not for actual distribution, but rather, edittorial use. I rolled some drums to aux return only and didn't tag the intro.

Served with fresh clams as the two guitar tracks are one pass only and I am rustier than a nail and it's apparent. Hang in with the track as the solo stuff in later. This may get a smile, a laugh, or a little vomit in the mouth.

The Kemper has me won over.http://soundcloud.com/paul-byther/fly-kpa

The profiles used : The Nace with some tweaks is the clean, the Golub Marshall with some tweaks is the solo. The FX are DAW... A few iterations of Reflektor convolution reverb. One verb for clean, a modified scoring studio set tight/smaller and a low level return cathedral way under the "radar' with a near 5 second trail but hardly audible < it works depending on the song chord changes> for the solo work..

I did the whole sequence, but for someone else that has a track act. I'm sure you hear what I did to make it unusable for someone wanting to cop a backing track off the 'net. :)

• very nice!

Thanks!

The thing I really like about the KPA is it's apparent cabability to capture a little of the cabinet wood vibration which is something so very difficult to achieve unless one really cranks the volume to "turn down or your out of here" levels. I haven't heard any modeler that does quite the same thing. "Real" is an overused term in discussions on this sorta stuff. I "hear" wood in the Golub profile and some others. That's something I haven't heard from modelers. I could be mistaking what it is, but it's certainly is reminiscent of really standing hard with volume on a closed back slant cabinet. :love: