New here. Couple of questions. Come say hi!!

• Hey hey good people.

Just want to say hi to everyone and ask a couple of questions if I'm allowed.

I'm new to the Kemper world.

I've been using Fractal Audio Stuff for more than 10 years now and it has served me well.

Tested a friends Kemper and decided to make the switch.

Couldn't be happier.

Both are great units but I'm not the kind of techie guy to waste a lot of time on setting mystery parameters to make something to sound good.

I really just like to play guitar.

So Kemper suits me better.

Grabbed some Tone Junkie and MBritt profiles and I'm set to go.

Really happy.

I'm using a powered Kemper (power switched off) into a CLR.

Don't take me wrong.

CLR is just wonderful. Tone for days.

I do miss that "cab" behind you thing that you don't really get with the CLR.

It's as if the tone is "too" polished... Too pretty if that makes sense.

So I want to grab a CAB and take it from there.

I would prefer a 1x12 to make my life (and back) easier but i'm afraid I'll struggle with volume. Loud drummer and singer. Thinks he's on a karaoke. That guy...

Can I blow up a 1x12 easilly if I drive it too hard?

Really concerned with volume. Should I get a 2x12?

Considering Suhr or Victory cabs ATM. Feel free to let me know what you use.

Next question.

I've been using monitor out to the CLR --> Output set to master mono.

2 XLR (Stereo) to FOH --> output set to Master Stereo.

Can I use just one XLR (left for instance) to FOH and set it to Master mono?

Does this makes sense?

I don't really use stereo stuff.

Nice forum.

Cheers all :)

Edited once, last by sprada ().

• Welcome to the forum! I don't use a regular guitar cab, so can't offer an opinion there. As for going mono to FOH, that works just fine :)

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• If you can find a used Mesa Boogie Thiele 1x12 with an EVM12L speaker snap it up. The speaker can handle 200w and sounds amazing at any level. If you can blow up an EVM12L you have bigger problems than your cab - like the fact that are going to need a very expensive hearing aid because you’ve iust gone deaf ?

I use Master Mono to FOH and a send from the desk to IEM. No on stage FRFR at the moment. When someone else in the band requires a guitar amp on stage I use the Mesa EVM12L cab but I’me still hearing my main signal through the IEM.

• Thank you all for the inputs.

If you can find a used Mesa Boogie Thiele 1x12 with an EVM12L speaker snap it up. The speaker can handle 200w and sounds amazing at any level. If you can blow up an EVM12L you have bigger problems than your cab - like the fact that are going to need a very expensive hearing aid because you’ve iust gone deaf ?

Pretty hard to find one where I live.

I'm looking into a Suhr 1x12 with a 60w Warehouse Veteran speaker.

Should I be concerned running a Kemper into one given the power difference?

I don't really understand what it means having such a powerful poweramp into a 60w cab.

• Think of it like a Ferrari and a Fiat Punto. Just because the Ferrari has 500+ BHP and can do 200mph doesn’t mean you need to use it all the time. You have an accelerator pedal to control how much power you want to use. If you have a race track or roads where it is safe to use all the power then you can gun it but if you are driving through a busy city it isn’t going to be safe to use most of that power. So you need to ease off on the accelerator. With the Kemper you have a volume control to do the same thing. just because the amp can put out 600w doesn’t mean you need to use them. If the speaker isn’t able to handle 600w just ease off the volume and use what is safe.

On the other hand with a Fiat Punto you will frequently need to use all the power available and will still not reach speeds that are suitable for the race track but you will blow up the engine trying. With a clean power amp like the Kemper it is generally better to have power in reserve for headroom ( valve amps are a bit different became se of the way they compress). If you are playing through a 112 cab at the sort of volumes you would normally play at with a valve amp rated at around 50w you won’t be using anything near the full 600w of Kemper capacity. Just be sensible with the volume control. Make appropriate use of the volume control and any speaker should be suitable. Drive it like a madman on drugs and prepare for a car wreck.

• Welcome.

You will find as I did over time (trying different profiles) you will like the KPA more and more.

Just some KILLER tones out there paid for and free!

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user