If I delete all rigs from profiller, Will I still have them them on RM?

• Sorry in advance for what is most likely a newbie question but I'm not 100% clear on how it works.

I have been searching but I dont want to jack things up....

As a New user and newish payer I don't want a 1000 rig list on the kemper or I will never focus on playing / Practicing. If I delete all the rigs off the KPA and only transfer a smaller list will I still have access to all of the pre-installed rigs?

My thought is to keep the KPA list small and then when I want to go down the rabbit hole messing with new rigs I would like to use the rig manager to preview and then snag rigs that are interesting.

Again, sorry if this has been covered.

Thanks!

Ian

Edited once, last by PAGODA ().

• Welcome.

RigManager reflects what's on your profiler .

Make a new folder named e.g. 'My Profiler's stock content' and put all your Profiler content in there. Afterwards you can safely delete all unwanted rigs from your profiler.

Rigs that are in RigManager can always be auditioned easily from within the app.

• Thanks!

So dump rigs to a new folder in local and then clean up.

Perfect!

This thing is blowing my mind! I no longer need to spend hours searching online for amps and such that I would more than likely spend far too much money on. So fun!

Thanks again!

• I have yet to delete, but I copy every rig local to a new folder.

lespauled, are you saying Rig Manager is not stable for this? I also see you can backup from Rig Manager and figured that would be a good move as well.

Thanks!

• Welcome, Ian.

Ingolf and dmatthews advice is spot-on.

The USB-stick backup is just so you have everything on your unit backed up in one convenient file. This'll cover all manner of settings, Presets, Cabs and whatnot so you'll have something to fall back on if you're happy with its current status but run into trouble down the track, like, for instance, if you accidentally delete user-FX Presets or Cabs you might've created / installed.

• how do you create a folder? I accidentally wiped everything off my Kemper because I had more than 1000 presets loaded and it didn't back up anything over 1000. Despite being able to select those residual presets on the face of the Stage. They also didn't show up in Rig Manager.