Profiler and Rig Manager out of sync and giving an error message. (solved)

• After installing Rig Manager V2.1.74.14250 and updating Profiler OS to 6.0.0.14574 I decided to get rid of some of the clutter.

I went through a lengthy session of auditioning rigs by calling them up in RM (preview), listening, and then deleting most of them from the My Profiler folder in RM.

By the time I finished RM said there were 87 rigs on my profiler (reduced from 398).

Then while in browse mode I quickly noticed rigs which had been deleted in RM were still in the profiler. Something had obviously gone wrong so I rebooted both the laptop and profiler.

Now when I try to connect the two, RM gives me an error message which says.

"Some items in PROFILER are damaged

To resolve this issue, turn PROFILER off. Wait for 10 seconds and choose Browse mode while holding the RIG button for at least 30 seconds.

Profiler will boot and attempt to repair the items in question."

Has anyone else experienced this?

• Judging by the lack of response here it would seem this error message is an uncommon one.

So I followed the advice given in the RM error message and turned the unit on to Browse mode while holding the RIG button in for 30 seconds.

My Kemper seemed to go through some extra steps while booting. When finished there were exactly 87 rigs available in browse mode and subsequently connecting to RM worked OK.

Issue resolved.