A Battle of the Gods revisited. 3 choices now!

• hi kpa family,

thank you so much for your comments. the second version of this blindfold test begins.
    i u want to please read this first http://www.kemper-amps.com/for…4293&highlight=#post24293
    this is for radley and guitartone especially (posts #27+)

http://www.geraldos-school-of-…fnahmen_KPA-BattleII.html

while it is easy to find the live version, i cannot hear much of a difference between those done while profiling. and considering what radley and guitartone
    said. what does that mean? anyway, have fun with it!

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• There should be NO difference between the "live" version and the a clip recorded of your amp whilst you're Profiling.
    Your miked amp whilst Profiling is a "live" version.
    What other "live" version are you recording? :)

• yes there should be no difference. but still it is not the real amp.

get it? the "live" sample is like in those old days. the afd miked same position and so on bla bla, but ... well. not a profile, but playing the real amp in a real room.
    and i think this one sounds better this time. but the profile is much better than just ok. and the KPA´s weight is nothing. :thumbup:

Just for fun, as a test, record the reference amp direct from mic's/mixer to DAW, and also record the reference amp going through the Kempers loop, let's see how different the two recordings sound.

hi guitartone: this is exactly what i was doin´

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

Edited once, last by Geraldo7 ().

• There should be NO difference between the "live" version and the a clip recorded of your amp whilst you're Profiling.
    Your miked amp whilst Profiling is a "live" version.
    What other "live" version are you recording? :)

My thought:
    Clip A: live amp+mic directly on the recording board
    Clip B: live amp recordered while profiling, KPA outs to the board. I think that this way the KPA worked as a mic preamp would. It has its own flavour that you can clearly hear in the clip.
    Clip C: KPA. Very similar to clip B. Still far from the clip A. I think that the difference might be in the KPA preamps.

If i got it, can you try recording by using TRS cable instead of XLR?

• well ... :sleeping:

some further comments? i´ ll post the solution once we have some comments 8o

• A is the real amp through Kemper
    B is the pure real amp
    C is the KPA

This time the sounds are very similar, and all very very good. I like a little bit more B from the three...

So, let's wait for the solution... I like toooo much this kind of test, very funny!
    please, more than these!!! :thumbup:

• guys, we already do have correct answers, just not 100%
    let´s see what happens
    i´ll wait another two days, cause it has been easter holidays and everyone is with the family
    troynova, nice to c u again :) :) :)

all of u2 :thumbup:

• haha, that was fun. 8) thank you so much for participating in this small funny game.

not all of you have ´em all correct, but this so only because they are so similar.
    if have posted the spoiler on the this page .
    while the two digital profiles were almost identical this time, there is still a slight difference i think two of you
    heard exactly correct. the "real" amp on the other hand still is ... what? slightly more open and the overtones are indeed more in
    the face. some may like this more. i don´t necessarily. but i can live easily without those 3% missing.
    considering my age and the 20plus kilogramm of the AFD: in any given case except bob rock producing the
    nu record of my band :D :D :D

thanks again, cu and cheers

• I have never been so happy to be wrong!
    I think that with a little tweaking the KPA can achieve very similar results to the real thing.
    Maybe some more clarity and definition, a little more top end and midrage and here we are!
    Did you already share the profile? :D

I have never been so happy to be wrong!
    I think that with a little tweaking the KPA can achieve very similar results to the real thing.
    (jimmyno)

Dear Jimmyno,

there is not much i can add here. 8o :thumbup:
    i am all smiles :) :) :) :)
    because this is why i did the whole thing. the KPA is brilliant! :thumbup:

thank you

and YES ofcourse. i haved shared this profile with all of you. rig exchange/page1/#25

cheers 8)

Edited once, last by Geraldo7 ().