Cab protection with the power head version

• Hello everybody,

I've been the owner of the non-powered head for a 30days test, and hestitated longly to break my piggy bank... But with the last anouncements, the user friendly manager, the editor, and the Kabinet-and-kone stuff, it's quite impossible to resist (to the powered version of course).

My concern is that in my head it's always possible to turn a knob more than wanted, or that someone else than you does it, which could damage both the speaker and everbody around's ears with the 600W amp. am I right?

So my questions/requests would be :

1- Don't know if it exists or if it's worth, but is there a dedicated setting that restricts the range of the power-amp permanently ? it would be a simple setting at the beginning of what is the maximum reasonable output level for the particular speaker you have, and then the output would be settable between 0 and this value for the monitor output.

2- It's a little bit the same fear : I imagine I sometimes work with something active connected to Monitor output, and sometimes a passive cab... Does it start always with the power-amp deactivated, or does it remember the last config used (meaning it could activate the amp at start-up while the active cab is plugged||==>;() ?

cheers

• thanks for your clear answer!

I didn't realize there are two dedicated physical outputs... stupid boy.

Maybe my fear isn't very rational. It's just that 600W sounds so huge!! (That and the warnings in the manual too)