Any Zoom U-44 audio interface users?

• I need a new interface and saw the features on this and checks a lot of features that I need. I don’t record a lot so looking for an inexpensive unit but don’t want to make that a priority over good recording tones. Just wondering if anybody here uses one and what your thoughts are on it.

• Yep - I have two of them.

Fantastic bits of kit - easy to connect, and does everything you could need it to. Used it with a Helix, AX8 and now the Kemper. I'd recommend it! I use it with Reaper.

• Got it. Need to set the input in "Audio Midi Setup" to 96Khz 32bit manually. It does not work in slave mode.

Also you need to make sure no mic capsule is connected.

GearJocke 96Khz 32 bit is not even enough BTW. I still to upsampling on top of that.

Zoom U-44 Rocks

• You could get a Motu M2 or a Focusrite 2i2 for the same price and get better preamps and chipset. Motu specs blow away that Zoom.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• https://imgur.com/a/bZApQ2V

I do no reamping. I feed optic SPDIF to Chord Hugo 2. Taking over DAC responsibility from Kemper to Hugo ?. Hugo 2 is a better DAC than Kemper.

I also see no point in converting Digital signal to Analog and then Analog to Digital when it comes to recording.

U-44 gives me all I need