Kemper Output in live setting

• Hello Kemper friends,

I have a question about the outputs for the kemper in a live situation. We are looking to put together a posterity recording together for one of our live shows. Currently I am running the kemper in mono with an XLR coming out of the “Main left” output. I am also running an XLR out of the “Monitor out” for my IEMS.

My question is: If I am running Mono and using the Left output for the FOH mix could I run the Main Right output to the recorder? If so do I need to switch a setting in the output section of the kemper to make that happen?

Theoretically, in my brain, if I’m running Mono, and don’t have any of my rigs panned left or right, the signal coming out of the Left output should mirror what’s coming out of the Right output. Correct?

• I’m 99.99% certain that you can run it as described as the two XLR are identical in Mono mode. However, your only problem is the potential for ground loops. As both devices will be connected from the same output section any ground lift setting will affect both. If you use two different output sections you can individually lift the ground on one or other to kill an hum. You might be lucky and not have any hum with your setup but if you do it will need a transformer on one of the lines or it will drive you mad and ruin your recording.

A better option might be to set the Direct out to Master Mono and send that to the recorder.