Noise Coming From Monitor Out ???

• I have a new Kemper without the power amp option. I have the Main Outs set to mono. When I go out of the Main Out Left or Right 1/4" jack into my DXR10 all sounds good with minimal noise. When I switch the jack to Monitor Out there is some loud hiss & minor static. The output levels are set the same for the Main Outs & Monitor Out. What could be causing the noise? Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks!

• I had the same problem with DXR12 when I connected Monitor Out to DRX's input labeled "2 Line L/mono" and I had the "R" input open. Somehow DXR is still in stereo mode and generates hiss from the R input. When I connected a shorted cable to R input, DXR was quiet. My solution was to connect Monitor Out to DXR's MIC/LINE. This, however, requires that you have correct cable (unbalanced jack -> balanced XLR). I hope this helps.

• Oh, I did not realize that link mode affects also inputs. That may solve the problem. Unfortunately I cannot check this as I do not have the cabs anymore. I switched to IEM.

• please check your aux in settings for the monitor output.

Also check the monitor cab off function in the output menu. It should not be activated if you use the DX.

The aux in setting for the monitor out is set to 0. I don’t understand why it should be necessary to deactivate monitor cab off. I want to hear the same sound I’m sending to FOH in my floor monitor.

• The aux in setting for the monitor out is set to 0. I don’t understand why it should be necessary to deactivate monitor cab off. I want to hear the same sound I’m sending to FOH in my floor monitor.

if your monitor is a full range one you need to have monitor cab off deactivated to get the same sound as from FOH.

• if your monitor is a full range one you need to have monitor cab off deactivated to get the same sound as from FOH.

I’m sorry but I still don’t understand. I’m sending Main Left (mono ) to DXR12s , which is the FOH system. I want to hear the exact same sound that’s going there, in my DXR10 floor monitor via the Monitor Out. If I check monitor cab off, it bypasses the cabs used in the rigs & changes the sound completely. I just tried it out & the FOH sounds as the rigs should, but the floor monitor sounds very different due to no cab simulations.

• I’m sorry but I still don’t understand. I’m sending Main Left (mono ) to DXR12s , which is the FOH system. I want to hear the exact same sound that’s going there, in my DXR10 floor monitor via the Monitor Out. If I check monitor cab off, it bypasses the cabs used in the rigs & changes the sound completely. I just tried it out & the FOH sounds as the rigs should, but the floor monitor sounds very different due to no cab simulations.

this is correct. That is why you should keep the monitor cab off option deactivated when using FRFR type monitors. Deactivated means unchecked in this case.