Morph button to send midi

• Hi all,

This is a more dedicated question concerning a thread already opened on whammy pedal but answer could be a great support for others so I kept it separate.

My question is: since expression pedal can control whammy via midi by sending CC as a morph, and button on remote can work to morph single sound....is there anyway to use the button on remote to send CC message via midi? I know it is not exactly the same as intermediate positioning cannot be selected but it should be good to know.

I tried to test but it seems as button on remote does not change midi CC even if they change ProgChang.

Thanks a lot.

Massimo

• Thanks for that.

Is there any way to achieve this via button on remote?

I need to have a preset on whammy with pedal in heel position. It is achieved easely by sending the right ProgChange via midi out of my Kemper.

Then on same whammy preset I need to simulate the pedal in toe position. It is easy using a control pedal linked to kemper remote but I would like to do that by pressing a second time same button on kemper remote...as it was a morphing so I can use the momentary setting of morphing.

Thanks for any idea

• I don't see a way. My concern is still, you are trying to create a more and more complicated solution without a convincing reasoning, why you cannot use the onboard pitch effects. Your "quality" statement in the other thread is a bit vague. Have you seen the responses from other users?

• I need to have a preset on whammy with pedal in heel position. It is achieved easely by sending the right ProgChange via midi out of my Kemper.

have you actually managed to achieve this with another midi controller or are you assuming this to be the case from Digitech’s manual?

I tried for a long while to get my Whammy DT to work via midi with my RJM mastermind but eventually gave up as Digitech’s non standard midi functionality was so limited and a major pain on the a#@.

I now leave my Whammy DT in the cupboard and use the KPA pitch effect if I ever need a Whammy Fx. Admittedly that is now almost never as I’m not a big Whammy user.

• I don't see a way. My concern is still, you are trying to create a more and more complicated solution without a convincing reasoning, why you cannot use the onboard pitch effects. Your "quality" statement in the other thread is a bit vague. Have you seen the responses from other users?

actually I am more than happy to use on board pitch. In most of the cases I do that. The problem is when I need to harmonize a note (keeping also the original). I tried with several setting but still sound not convincing me. There a sort of 12-strings effect. Most probably, as I told in the other thread, it is me...I see so many beautiful things from Kemper that it seems strange also to me that pitch does not work in all conditions.

• Beside the Pedal Pitch and Pedal Vinyl Stop effects the PROFILER offers Harmonic Pitch and Chromatic Pitch. I suggest, your familiarize yourself and check out those. Detail descriptions can be found in the Main Manual.