MIDI Setup with a Roland FC-300 MIDI Footswitch

• I use a Roland FC-300 Footswitch for playing live and rehearsing. It's not ideal, but as long there's no native Kemper Foot Switch, I'm trying to make the best out of it. And I'm getting used to it better and better.

I connect the KPA and the footswitch with a MIDI cable from FC-300 MIDI out to KAP MIDI in.

One thing still I don't like at all. This is the one way direction in which I send MIDI signals. Means if I change e.g. a stompbox via Footswitch a light indicator on the footswitch appears. As soon as I now change the rig/programm via the footswitch, the KPA turns to the requested rig/programm, but the light on the footswitch still indicates the stompbox from the rig/programm before being active.

I now thought I could use a second MIDI cable (KPA out to FC-300 in). But I don't know how to tell the KPA which information it should send, when switched to another rig/programm.

I didn't find anything in the manual.

Has anyone of you experience or an idea?

• No, I was commenting on the post from Doc on the Kemper pedalboard, not on the FC300. Though it should work if the midi 2 way communication will be enabled. But I have no direct experience with the Roland. I use an FC100 through an old GP-8 at home (the one I use live is mounted on a pedalboard and stays at rehearsal)

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff