USB connectivity issue (Performance Mode)

• Here's the issue (software on Rig Manager and KPA are both up to date):

When using Rig Manager on my Mac, in Performance Mode, there is sometimes a weird glitch when I paste a rig into a performance slot. It's basically a delay in loading/populating the rig into that slot.

Example: Let's say I paste a Mesa Rectifier into slot 3. The KPA will default back to slot 1 and I won't hear the newly pasted Mesa. Instead I will hear whatever was in slot 1. Clicking any of the other slots from Rig Manager will not change the slot. It stays on 1. The fix is that I then have to click a separate Performance, then click back to the intended Performance and the slots will all be there and work as intended. This happens probably 50% of the time when tweaking slots. It's very annoying.

If I am in Browse mode and I double click a rig it will select it with no issue. This only happens in Performance mode

I did once receive an error on my Rig Manager stating there was a USB connectivity error between Rig Manager and the KPA. I use this same USB cable with my Axe FX III and have no issues, so I can eliminate the cable as a factor.

The Kemper is brand new. Do you suggest I exchange it with Sweetwater?

Gibson, Taylor, Wizard, Matchless, Fractal, Kemper

• You are unfortunately not alone in experiencing these kinds of annoying glotches in Rig Manager. I have had many many such issues recently including slots within performances being mixed up and unable to be be changed back into the right order no matter what I do.

Basically the current RM is pretty rubbish and full of bugs. Fortunately, Kemper have a wonderful new Rig Manager/Editor in internal testing and due for release this summer. As we are now in Summer time I for one am hoping to see it very soon ?

It looks like it is going to be AMAZING ?

• You are unfortunately not alone in experiencing these kinds of annoying glotches in Rig Manager. I have had many many such issues recently including slots within performances being mixed up and unable to be be changed back into the right order no matter what I do.

Basically the current RM is pretty rubbish and full of bugs. Fortunately, Kemper have a wonderful new Rig Manager/Editor in internal testing and due for release this summer. As we are now in Summer time I for one am hoping to see it very soon ?

It looks like it is going to be AMAZING ?

Glad to hear I am not alone, and definitely looking forward to a new (stable) editor! It seems every other time I plug my KPA into my RM I get the USB error

Gibson, Taylor, Wizard, Matchless, Fractal, Kemper

• I experience random glitches as well. I am afraid that the new code will not reduce the number of bugs tho.
    I wish they had rewritten code from scratch, but I doubt this is the case.

It seems inconsistencies may derive from the many ways you can have RM and KPA interacting. I wonder whether there are operations the user is - as a matter of fact - able to perform that should not be allowed?

Still chasing a worthy one :/