Kemper freezes sometimes

• Hi,

I am new here and since a few days I am a happy Kemper owner.

I love the sound and i am totally flashed.

But there seems to be a big problem. The Kemper randomly freezes completely. There is still sound output from the last rig but the display is stuck and i can not change anything since the knobs and buttons dont work.

I can also turn the power switch to off and nothing happens.

After some time, lets say 30 seconds, everything is normal again.

Happened to me twice within 3 Hours now. It's totally disturbing.

Am I doing something wrong? Is it loading something in the background?

Most important: Can i solve this somehow? I wanted to play my first gig with the Kemper next weekend! :-/

Greetings from Austria!

Phil

"Das Wichtigste in der Musik steht nicht in den Noten.“ Gustav Mahler (1860 - 1911)

• Hi thank you very much. That must be the problem! I actually had it connected to Rig Manger!

I hope that is the solution... Thank you very much!

"Das Wichtigste in der Musik steht nicht in den Noten.“ Gustav Mahler (1860 - 1911)

• The solution can't be to not use RM with the KPA tho.
    I've read that Kemper will send a patched version (KAOS I believe) to whomever has this issue. Contact Support :)

Still chasing a worthy one :/

• Thanks for that Tip. I will contact them!

I had no other issues yesterday after i disconnected the Rig Manager, so I am pretty sure that was the problem.

Greetings

• In my case I haven’t had a full blown freeze in a LONG time even when connected to my computer. I used to get it fairly regularly though. Things I did to improve it include connecting directly to my iMac rather than via a USB hub, changing the computer’s sleep and power saving options etc. I don’t know exactly which one made it more stable for me but I have it connected to RM pretty much constantly and no longer have regular KPA freeze ups.

• Actually, I have just this minute had my first full blown freeze in ages. I was in the middle of editing a performance on the KPA. Connected to iMac via USB but Rig Manager was shut down at the time. I was stepping through slots using the Navigation Cross and moving the position of the Volume Pedal from Input to Post Stack on all Rigs. When I finished moving the second last Rig the Remote went dead and the KPA was totally frozen.

I still get sound through the KPA but none of the Volume/Expression pedals work. There are no lights on the Remote EXCEPT the Tap LED is blinking VERY faintly in time.

• That would happen to me with my Mac, connected to Rig Manager, but the computer was in hibernate. I would sometimes turn the Kemper on without waking up the computer, and it would play fine for a few minutes and then it would do that freeze thing. Once i turned the computer back on, it would snap back into it. If you are going to have RM on, make sure the computer doesn't go to sleep, at least thats what i found would work for me.

• I found that it wasn't so much being connected to my computer, but the USB hub I was using. Direct works fine and since I've replaced the hub everything has worked fine.

Now that I've said that, Murphy's going to show up and say "Not so fast."

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I found that it wasn't so much being connected to my computer, but the USB hub I was using. Direct works fine and since I've replaced the hub everything has worked fine.

Now that I've said that, Murphy's going to show up and say "Not so fast."

That was my experience too until recently. I used to have problems but they stopped when I bypassed the hub and went direct to my iMac. Last night is the first freeze in ages.

• My Problem is, that I have a new Macbook that has only USB C ports.

I am unable to connect the Kemper without an adapter or hub...

Greetings.

I had freeze problems also on windows with powersave / sleep mode. After turning this off I had never a freeze problem.

Burkhard I use window

• I have also this problems, Mac user. The Kemper was freezing multiple times. When you turn it off the Kemper takes ca. 10s to shut down. Situation was the same. Mac connected while running Rig Manager. My Bandmate (Windows 7) have no Problems. Hope an Update will fix that problem in the future. Greets