Kemper Hangs?

• Hi All,

New Here, Just got my profiler few days back.

While Browsing a few rigs my Kemper froze and wouldn't respond (even setting it to power off did not work).

It also hangs on me if i Connect an Apple usb keyboard to it. ( I am since using a Logitech Wireless Keyboard that works).

anyways I have to pull its cable from back to get it to reboot.

Is it common for it to hang/freeze at times?
    I don't play live and profiler is mainly for recordings.

THX.

- Too Many Synths and Way too Many Guitars :rolleyes:

• I’ve had many freezes with USB when attached to Rig Manager, as have many users in the Facebook groups. Seems quite common.

Never used a keyboard, though.

Side note: when it freezes, if you switch the chicken head knob to off, it will do it after a solid 5 seconds or so.

• Then it should not show up in official firmware menus ! :) see attached.

nevertheless, mine had frozen before even trying usb keyboard. I'll open up a ticket next time it happens.

I don't see it in any of our release revisions. I'd like to know, which official OS your are using. Please send a picture of the last page of System Settings.

• Just got my profiler few days back.

While Browsing a few rigs my Kemper froze and wouldn't respond (even setting it to power off did not work).

I'm also a completely new owner of a Kemper and have the exact same problem.

My Kemper is connected to my computer via an USB hub all the time.

Maybe I should try to disconnect it completely from USB and see if that helps.

I will report back the progress here.

Btw, using OS version 6.0.0.14574.

Cheers, Ake

• It seems more stable if the USB is not connected. I haven't experienced the same issue yet (except once, but then I've had the KPA connected to Rig Manager just before). Seems like there is a bug in the USB driver implementation in the KPA.

• Same issue with me. Some users that report this issue experience the same pattern:

- Kemper freezes while browsing profiles in the KPA manually while connected through a USB cable attached to RM in a Mac OS. It only happens when the USB cable is connected to the computer.

When the Kemper freezes, we turn off the KPA chicken knob and after 5 seconds the KPA actually turns off.

Support suggested some workarounds that does not prevent the issue:

- Updating to latest KPA version does not solve the issue. This happens with v6.0 but may have happened with v5.0, too.

- Changing the USB cable does solve the issue.

- There is no "MB Guy Ton V30 B3" rig in the KPA.

- Reported to support, but they are not able to reproduce the issue. Work in progress?

Suggested workarounds that may work

- It seems that disabling instant preview prevents the freezing in version v5.0. Pending to try this option with v6.0

I believe this thread, discusses the same issue:

Profiler Freezes when Browsing through Profiles

• Since I downloaded OS 7.0.9.15094 and connected the profiler directly to my Mac (no USB hub) everything works fine. No more hangs :)