Just added my Two Rock Custom Reverb Sig v1 CLEAN profile

• Hi All,

Finally had a free day today to "try" and profile my Two Rock custom Reverb Signature V1. This is the 50w head, reverb off, settings around noon, bright off, mid on, deep off, EQ1, Gain 1:00, Master at 3:00, Loop volume at around 9:00, presence noon. Going through a 1x12 Two Rock open back cabinet loaded with the Two Rock 65 speaker. Sm57 close miced.

This is my first attempt and I don't even know how to properly record a cab so any comment/suggestions to make it better would be great! Let me know what you guys think! I tried the lead channel but it's way too loud for my apt, planning to rent some rehearsal space in a few weeks to profile my other amplifiers, planning on doing it at Sound Matrix Studio so if anyone is in the Orange County, CA and is good at micing cabinets let me know and we can properly get these recorded!

Also to state the obvious it's on the rig exchange.. :) Hmm, I totally forgot about setting the Stomps/Effects so disregard any settings and ones that get enabled.. maybe i'll tweak the patch first and reupload?

**EDIT JUST DELETED IT, reuploading in 10mins!

BACK UP NOW!

Will

Edited 3 times, last by wprom001 ().

• Glad you like it! Going to try doing a profile with my e609 and see how it compares (if I can ever find the stupid microphone clip!). Nothing some tape won't solve :P

Looks like next time, neighbors complaining already LOL

Edited once, last by wprom001 ().

• Neighbours complaining about aliens? :D

Anyways, thanks a lot for sharing this profile!! I love Two Rock amps. Can't wait to try this.

Perhaps this image can help you find a great mic position:
    http://bluesrockguitar.files.w…3/j_m_amps_2007_small.jpg
    you can see the cones through the speaker cloth. Might wanna try putting the mic right around there. :)

Also, these settings seem to work nicely for a fellow called John Mayer (around 1:50): :P
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6POSqjjrIA

• it say clean but works wonderfull with the gain turned up!

Hm, really? Not for me to be honest. While I really like this profile very much clean as it is, I seem to have some problems once I either turn up the gain or add a dist or boost (e.g. Green Scream) in front of it. Both introduces some nasty distortion (sounds a bit like digital clipping although all LEDs stay green).

Cheers,
    Markus

• Hm, really? Not for me to be honest. While I really like this profile very much clean as it is, I seem to have some problems once I either turn up the gain or add a dist or boost (e.g. Green Scream) in front of it. Both introduces some nasty distortion (sounds a bit like digital clipping although all LEDs stay green).

Cheers,
    Markus

I would have to agree with Markus, the amp was profiled clean and I am not a big fan of how it comes out if you turn the gain up. Have you tried messing with the input sense levels? I am going to profile the lead channel in a few days :)

Will

• Thanks Will!
    Yes, have tried to play with Input sense and also tried with Strat and Les Paul. All with the same effect.
    Nevertheless it's a fantastic clean profile. Thanks so much for sharing!!
    Looking forward to hearing the lead channel!

Cheers,
    Markus

• This is great! Many thanks for profiling this amp and sharing it. As I'm a big fan of John Mayer's sound I was delighted to finally find a Two Rock profile.

Indeed, the clean setting without the gain turned up works the best for me. Can' t wait to find the 'lead' version on here as well. :)

Thanks again.

Marten