Midi CC to Fishman Triple Play software question

• So, I have the Kemper successfully sending program change to my laptop via midi. It works wonderfully. I've been using a Boss stereo volume pedal, which also has an expression output to simultaneously morph rig volume down while bringing pad volumes up. This also works pretty well. However, when all connections on that pedal are made, (expression out, sound in, sound out) a ground loop of some sort is created . Disconnect either the expression out or the sound out, and the issue disappears. I've been scratching my head to get this solved. So far, no luck. So.... My thought was to send the volume info to the laptop via midi. My question is this. Is there any way to send volume cc to the laptop without it affecting rig volumes? Or (in my perfect world) is it possible for a morph expression pedal to send midi volume to the laptop? Probably not, but I have to ask.

• In theory this is possible. Set pedal type to Vol. in system menu and check Pedals to MIDI option on page 15.

Hit Rig button and on page 3 set Location to Off.

Now this should work but for some reasons Pedals to MIDI option don't work for me now.

Edit: It is working . Make sure you select MIDI out port and channel in performance mode to MIDI OUT (or THRU) on system page 14.

• If you use the analog volume pot of your pedal to send digital commands instead of levelling the analog audio signal, the response curve might be suboptimal. Expression pedal pots are different.

• I have the Boss FV500 volume too. It has two separate pots; one log pot for the volume outs and one linear for the expression output. It works MUCH better as an expression pedal the the Mission in my experience.

As for the ground loop, I would stick a little isolation transformer between the volume out. The ART dual isolation box is cheap as chips and works well but is a bit bulky. I also have a little Palmer unit which does a great job but can only handle one side of a stereo pair.

• I think I have the ground loop issue resolved. Hadn’t noticed the iec cable I was using had the ground pin removed. Would that explain why ground lift on the KPA was ineffective? Anyway, switched it out, added a hum x for good measure. Ground lift switch now works and the problem is taken care of. Thank you for all advice and insight!