Stomp/Post Effects Midi Assignment

• I have a question for all of you wonderful folks!

I’m having trouble figuring out how my D slot is being tied to the X slot in the M Abbey Tone Junkies pack.

On my FCB1010, if I try to turn the D slot off and on, in turns the X slot off and on.

If I try to change the Stomp in the D slot, the effect that is in the X slot is not there, and if I add an effect in the D slot and turn it on, it stays on until I hit he D button again.

And the D switch won’t affect the effect at all, it is moat definitely controlling the X slot.

Very confusing.

I wrote Tone Junkies an email a few days ago, but I haven’t received a reply.

So, I thought I would ask you lovely people how to possibly fix this.

I’ve had the Kemper for a while, but I have only recently begun diving in to making Performance patches, and my lack of experience is really showing here.

• That’s a head scratcher. It sounds like a glitch. Have you tried redownloading and reinstalling the rig?

If it’s not a glitch I’d love to know how they did it, that could be very very useful.

• What firmware version are you using on KPA?

I belive this pack was created using 6.0 firmware . This may be the issue if you are using older firmware.

Uno4kpa is no longer supported and may be too old for new firmware. There was change in fx CC numbers for DLY and REV modules.

• The MIDI control change numbers for those modules havn't changed since day 1.

Module D is CC# 20

Module X is CC# 22

Values 1-127 activate, value 0 deactivates.

You are right. CC are the same for on and off for all fx modules . I don't know if U4KPA is using sysex or CC to get initial FX on/off status but this may only affect the DLY and REV slot (in sysex case).

Sorry for the confusion.

• Sorry, I'm lost.

Is this related to D and X or DLY and REV or all modules?

Is it the initial state of the modules, that isn't reflected correctly by Uno4Kemper? Are you using two functional MIDI cables and the correct MIDI channel settings?

Or is the PROFILER not switching correctly or not the expected modules, when Uno4Kemper sends on/off commands?

Is the issue generic or specific to one Rig or Performance?

If this is related to DLY and REV only, I suggest to load that Rig in question, toggle the on/off status manually two times, store again as intended, and try again.