Does anyone use more “Fender-ish” cabinets with their powered head?

• I have a 1x12 over-sized cabinet with a Creamback. It sounds great for most profiles. But, I plugged my head into my deluxe reverb’s cabinet and it sounded so much better for my clean profiles. I know that most folks seem to be using Kempers for heavy tones but that’s not my thing. So, does anyone use their powered head with a more American sounding cabinet?

• I find Marshall-ish or profiles with more gain through open back fender style cabinet don't work as well as the other way around so given the choice, I'd rather use a 4x12 (ie. for rehearsals etc). What matters is what goes to FOH so as long as I'm confident in that, I plug in whatever is available in the backline and try to make stage sound work.

• I have an old Mesa RK412. One side is open back (Celestion Custom 90, England made) by half and the other is fully enclosed (England made V30's). I love it with tamed gains and cleans with or without effects. The cleans really shine with both the open and closed back together. We were jamming some old school Bowie the other night and it was fantastic. Great crunchy Ronson tones. For the hard rock it really kicks into submission. Great cab for the Kemper. It's really good.