MODULATION EFFECTS AND TAP TEMPO

• Are they ever going to address the tap tempo effect on modulation speed? you can choose to follow tap or not with the delays, why in the world have they still not created that option for modulations as well? Totally insane! You set up for ex a Van Halen phase at correct speed and as soon as you hit tap to change delay time, you are screwed. Fractal took care of this years ago. C'mon guys! This feature should be a no brainer!

• Are they ever going to address the tap tempo effect on modulation speed? you can choose to follow tap or not with the delays, why in the world have they still not created that option for modulations as well? Totally insane! You set up for ex a Van Halen phase at correct speed and as soon as you hit tap to change delay time, you are screwed. Fractal took care of this years ago. C'mon guys! This feature should be a no brainer!

I must admit, I don't understand, how you work.

You can activate Tempo and set bpm plus the intended phaser and delay times in note values - both independently - upfront and store the Rig that way.

If then during a live performance the bpm deviate from your stored value, you can adjust using the TAP button. Phaser and delay would maintain their timing relation. Why would you want to apply this live bpm correction to delay and not the phaser?

• What he's saying is that if you have your delay assigned to the tempo and you change the speed of the delay, the speed of modulation effects will also change with the tap tempo. When you set the phaser speed, you may not want it to change if you change the speed of the tempo in order to change the speed of a delay for example when you tap...

• What we are saying is that many of us like modulation effect to be random rather than synced to musical divisions. It’s really a VERY common way of using phaser, flanger, uni-vibe etc. While we might want our delays in time we DON’T want our modulation effect synced. Syncing mod effects often ends up being super cheesy while the constantly changing musical relationship of a fixed mod time adds a much cooler vibe.

• There is option "To Tempo" in Tremolo and phaser.

The issue is that the tap tempo in phaser and tremolo (as with all the other mod effects is that even if you turn off to tempo in the rig menu they still lock to tempo as soon as you hit the tap footswitch for your delays though Damian. The phaser and tremolo cn't be set independently of the delay tempo if tap is used.

• what is easier way for the user to tweek this inside a rig? Add a disable tap tempo soft button for the modulation effect? Is this simple or hard to build?

I second this - most of the time I don't want my phaser, chorus, Flanger or Tremolo to sync with my tap tempo. I prefer to leave those set to a static speed but still be able to tap the tempo for my delay. Never seen a piece of gear, other than the Kemper, where this isn't possible.

• What we are saying is that many of us like modulation effect to be random rather than synced to musical divisions. It’s really a VERY common way of using phaser, flanger, uni-vibe etc. While we might want our delays in time we DON’T want our modulation effect synced. Syncing mod effects often ends up being super cheesy while the constantly changing musical relationship of a fixed mod time adds a much cooler vibe.

I guess, you don't mean "random", because if you would, Rate following TAP would be no issue.

Why can't you set your Rate at an uneven note value, while the delay is set even for example? Even if both follow bpm, there could be odd patterns.

How are you setting up your sounds? Do you have a sound for a specific musical scene e. g. at 120 bpm and then intervene to finetune to 118 bpm live? Or do you have universal sounds and use TAP to vary bpm perhaps between 60 and 200 bmp?

• Burkhard you are correct I don’t mean “random” as in changing all the time by itself. I mean “random” in relation to the delay tempo (ie not a musical relationship.

I don’t want it at a specific uneven note value in relation to the delay. I want it at a specific fixed speed. Therefore it will stay at that speed even if I change the tempo of the delay. Yes this will result in the musical relationship between the modulation effect and delay constantly changing. That is what most people seem to want to happen. I don’t know many people who set their chorus, phaser, flanger or uni-vibe to move in a rhythmic nature along with the song. Most people I have met use them as a tonal flavour rather than a rhythmic effect.

I set up sounds both ways but try to stick with universal sounds where possible only using song specific rigs where absolutely necessary.

• I can't understand why they didn't address this years ago.... should just be a software fix. If you get a Trower univibe sound set up , and then you tap tempo to change delay, you just destroyed your well tweaked trower setting. That is crazy and cheesy. Not something I would expect from Kemper. :/:/