Mission Expression Pedal will not Calibrate

• Greetings and thanks in advance for any feedback on how to fix this problem,

I have had Kemper and remote for two months and simply love it. I don't foresee me breaking out my Marshall or Blackstar for a gig again :)

I spent the better part of the day trying to get my new Mission Expression Pedal to Calibrate and am very frustrated. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

I have read thru the manual and watched 4-5 videos posted by both Mission and Kemper with no success.

So either it's:

1 - Pedal Failure

2 - Calibration Failure

3 - Another soft key setting that i missed?

4- Something really stupid that I am missing?

I have a TS Cable into #5 on the Kemper remote. This is coming from Output #1 on the Mission Pedal

I have a standard Guitar / Mono Cable into #6 on the remote coming from Output #2 on the Mission Pedal

Stomp "A" has a wah selected

Under System Setting Pedal Links I have Wah > Volume Selected - This is how I ultimately want the pedal configured.

The volume bar/bar graph (of Morph, Volume, Wah and Pitch) shows 100% on the Wah

Under the System section of the Kemper

I have Pedals 1-4 off

Pedal 5 has Pedal Type 1 and Wah Pedal Designated

Pedal 6 has Mono Switch Mode Selected and Stomp A On/off selected

The pedal only acts as a switch now, turning on Stomp A. There is no manual activating of the wah nor volume swell control.

In Stomp A I have tried all the pedal modes and none of them work with the pedal manually.

I believe the BIG ISSUE is soft key "Calibrate" Button for both Pedal 5 and 6 will not engage. I have tried pressing it down and rocking the wah with no success.

Is there anyway to reset this?

Is there another function in a soft key that is affecting this parameter or overriding it?

Is it my ineptness?

Is it the Mission pedal?

Is it the Kemper?

Would a factory reset help - or will it wipe everything I have built away?

I am at a real loss and any help from the community would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance!!!

• Thanks Kemper Support-

This comes down to #4 on my list "Something really stupid on my part"

I thought TS and TRS were the same. My bad.

The TRS Cable works great. I still cant manually calibrate the The Profiler with my Mission, but the functionality is working as I wished (Wah and Volume)

There is a ton of dead play on the heal of the pedal. Any suggestions.

Also the Volume control seems to be engaged on the wah side as well.

Thanks again...your help is much appreciated. Go Team Kemper!

• The TRS Cable works great. I still cant manually calibrate the The Profiler with my Mission, but the functionality is working as I wished (Wah and Volume)

There is a ton of dead play on the heal of the pedal. Any suggestions.

Also the Volume control seems to be engaged on the wah side as well.

there are a couple of things to check.

1 - in the wah effect itself is it set to ON or Bypass at Heel/Toe/Stop? Even with the slot engaged via the toe switch the wah effects own bypass sitting is still active. It could be that the dead space is the Bypass at Heel or Stop taking a moment to recognise the pedal is actually moving.

2 - check the pedal type ( 1 or 2). Although the Kemper Manual says to use Type one for most expression pedals my Mission is actually a Type 2 pedal. When I changed this setting it suddenly stopped having nearly no effect for most of it travel then everything coming on like a train in the last part of the range.

3 - the Mission is a great wah pedal as it feels and behaves like a CryBaby (because it basically is - it even has a Dunlop Wah pot inside) but this makes it a pretty poor pedal for volume and morphing due to the strange taper and limited range of travel. The pot in a wah doesn’t use the full range of travel so is somewhat dependent on how it is fitting relative to the ratchet mechanism. Prior to discovering that Type 1/2 was the issue I had mine apart and tried slightly rotating the pot in the pedal. To capture a different part of the taper. It doesn’t need to move much at all though.

• "Kemper Support #1" and "Wheresthedug". Many thanks for your helpful feedback. Both of your suggestions where spot on and I am now up and running and loving the addition of expression pedal.

Thank you very much for your time in helping clarifying the issues.

Best regards,

Brian

• Hello!

I have similar issue.

I would like to use my recently bought Mission EP1-KP like in this video (9:27):

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I have follow the steps and i have also follow this other official video from Mission.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Actually, i have the pedal connected to the kemper remote via TS (jack mono from another pedalboard) wire, from pedal output 2 to remote input 6. I have follow whole steps from the videos but it does not work for me. I only have been able to configure the Pedal 6 in, as Switch mode and turn on/off the stomp effect (stomp D/wah effect in this case), but can not control the effect with the expression pedal.

I think that the problem is in the 'calibration' option. If i press the soft button or move up and down the expression pedal it does not do anything. If i press the switch on the pedal the progress bar from 'calibration', start loading very slow without touching the pedal.

Hope you can help me!

Regards

• the TS output 2 only controls the switch. You need to also connect a TRS to output 1 in order to control the expression funtion.