Anyone have the ML Sound Lab "Dream Tones" profile pack? Thoughts?

• Unfortunately, they played all the clips on a C-tuned guitar rather than in standard tuning, so the demo vids are less than stellar if you are trying to hear how closely they approximate the various Dream Theater album tones. I was just wondering if anyone here had purchased them and had an opinion? For the price they are charging for just 18 tones, I definitely don't want to waste money on them if they aren't top notch for what they are trying to do.

Thanks,

Jeff in Houston

• SliderJeff

Changed the title of the thread from “Anyone have the ML Sound Lab "Dream Tone" profile pack? Thoughts?” to “Anyone have the ML Sound Lab "Dream Tones" profile pack? Thoughts?”.
  • I haven’t tried this pack, but have you tried the JP2C pack from Chop Tones? Go for the big pack, expensive but the sound you’re after will be in there. I’ve yet to be disappointed with anything Chop Tones have done - they nail album tones and effects too

• I haven’t tried this pack, but have you tried the JP2C pack from Chop Tones? Go for the big pack, expensive but the sound you’re after will be in there. I’ve yet to be disappointed with anything Chop Tones have done - they nail album tones and effects too

Yep, I actually bought it this weekend, but haven't had a chance to try it. Livio at CT suggested I go for that and since he lists which profiles are used in his DT performance vid for the JP2C, that should give pretty good starting points, at a minimum.

Thanks,

Jeff in Houston

• I have it, and think the profiles sound pretty good. I think the profiles are from John's Mesa Boogie dual/triple rectifier years. The profiles themselves don't disclose which amps are used on each tone matched album.